Proclaim crashing on Windows systems with AMD video cards

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Sep 24 2016 8:53 PM

We have recently received reports of unpredictable crashes on Windows systems with AMD video cards. The issue is related to a recent AMD video driver update which includes the Plays.TV add on application. This application can cause Proclaim to crash. We're actively looking into ways to proactively warn users about this bad driver. In the meantime we recommend uninstalling the Plays.TV application. 

Posts 38
Steven Stoops | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 25 2016 10:27 AM

Hi Scott.  I had a crash with an nvidia GeForce GT 730.  It happened whenever I tried to edit a certain song on the fly (Break Every Chain) in the presentation entitled September 25 2016

4353.Proclaim Logs.zip

Posts 38
Steven Stoops | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 25 2016 10:33 AM

We have also been having a problem.  We usually have a video right after the warm-up (to play immediately after the countdown) and each of the last 2 weeks it has skipped the video and I've hads to manually go back to it and start it

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 25 2016 10:45 AM

Steven Stoops:

We have also been having a problem.  We usually have a video right after the warm-up (to play immediately after the countdown) and each of the last 2 weeks it has skipped the video and I've hads to manually go back to it and start it

Steven, do you have Raptr or Plays.TV installed on the machine that's crashing? If you update to the most recent version of Proclaim available on https://proclaimonline.com/download and can reproduce the crash we've added some additional logging (Windows Application log) which might help us diagnose the issue. I don't see anything crash related in the submitted logs.  

Posts 38
Steven Stoops | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 25 2016 2:16 PM

No, we don't have either of those and we're using the latest version of Proclaim (at least I think so).  I'll try to get over there this week and see if I can reproduce the crash so I can get the log files

Posts 2
SVT Team | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 26 2016 9:30 AM

Ah, so we do.. I will try uninstalling them and see if that helps the situation.

Thanks for the info!

God Bless,

Gary Goodsell

Posts 2
SVT Team | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 26 2016 9:36 AM

That appeared to be the problem!

But, I will test further before Sunday, just to be safe...

Gary Goodsell

Posts 716
LogosEmployee
Peter June | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 27 2016 2:34 PM

We've added messaging today in the app to indicate when the Plays.TV app is running and that it will potentially cause issues with Proclaim. You can view instructions for resolving this issue here.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS