Logos March Madness

Page 13 of 13 (249 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13
This post has 248 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 145
Darcy S. Van Horn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 31 2010 10:15 AM

Dan DeVilder:

Darcy S. Van Horn:

Thanks Kevin, Mark, and Todd!  Your comments and the online reviews are very helpful.  It would be nice to have both books, but if I have to choose, it looks like Scobie 'scratches where I itch' at the present time.  Thanks for your help!

In Him,

Darcy

Darcy, don't know if you have purchased yet, but since you are interested in Scobie, you may want to get him as part of this 3-book set:

http://www.logos.com/products/details/3638

It currently sells for $40, about 8-9 dollars more than LMM sale on Scobies book, but you are getting two more books at a great value.  That's what I did.

I have House, too.  I have found good nuggets in his writing, but I can't compare with Scobie because I just purchased it.  But I really really like House.  And I am not Baptist, either.  Stick out tongue

Thanks, Dan!  I had looked at the set previously, but had forgotten about it.  I think you're right.  If I do purchase Scobie, I'll add the extra $9 and get the two books by Hasel in the bargain.  Appreciate the reminder.

Darcy

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 31 2010 10:18 AM

Theophilus:
I'm just wondering if Logos deliberately timed LMM to coincide with Lent,

Short answer: No. You are one of the few who may not be a sports fan and are therefore unawares of the "March Madness" basketball finals in the United States. The LMM compettetion brackets and rounds are copying the basketball tournament lingo.  That point clarified, I do think you raise a good point. The cares of the world are always trying to choke out the weightier spiritual matters. I am sure this is not Logos' intent. I believe they are light-heartedly offering a Bible-centric replacement for the sports fanatics. Of course this will result in sales income but you can look at the savings as a gift to enhance our spiritual development rather than take our focus away from Christ. It keeps coming back to the motives of our hearts.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1263
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 31 2010 10:41 AM

Matthew C Jones:

In old times, a preacher may have to make a midnight escape in a basket, leaving his library behind. Today that preacher can take his library with him

Nice picture! I'm just wondering though, what about Hugo Grotius who escaped from Loevestein castle in a book chest? Even desktop computers are too small to hide in.

Michael G. Halpern:

I appreciate your (and I'm not all that sure that the Lord isn't using you in this capacity) attempt to ground us and remind us of the real reason for this season.  I for one thank you...Michael

Yes

Posts 1874
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 31 2010 11:28 AM

I just want to put it on record that I am grateful for the light-hearted, friendly banter in this post about the March Madness. It is exactly that – madness – but sanity-preserving madness.

I don't need anyone to tell me that this is Holy/Easter Week (depending on your tradition). I shall preach 10 different sermons (all prepared from scratch) from Palm Sunday to Sunday evening plus a Vigil at the Cross on Friday and a Holy Saturday Silent Service on Saturday evening. This is in addition to my normal parish duties of visiting the sick and the dying, as a chaplain in two hospitals in the area. (Mercifully I have had no funerals this week.)

The few minutes I spend on the Logos forums, sharing and sometimes laughing with members of the Lord's Family from many traditions and many countries is such a blessing that I am sure the Lord has provided it. So thanks to all who are participating in the forum including this mad thread – and may God bless us all as we remember the Cross, our sins that nailed Him there, the love which kept Him there and the power which overcame death in the Resurrection for us – unworthy sinners saved by grace.

Every blessing

Alan

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 4GHz; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.12.2; 1TB FD; Logos 7

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.12.2; 256GB SSD; Logos 7

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 10.2

iPhone 5s 32GB iOS 10.2

Posts 1646
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 31 2010 12:50 PM

Alan Macgregor:
may God bless us all as we remember the Cross, our sins that nailed Him there, the love which kept Him there and the power which overcame death in the Resurrection for us – unworthy sinners saved by grace.

Dear Alan:

Unless you have an objection I might (with credit given) use this as our Benediction on Good Friday -- very nicely phrased.

Thank you.

And yes, I realize this is a long way from "March Madness" - which I too, enjoy)

Regards, SteveF

Posts 1874
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 31 2010 2:27 PM

Steve

Feel free. I would be honoured. And our Lord would be glorified.

Every blessing

Alan

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 4GHz; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.12.2; 1TB FD; Logos 7

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.12.2; 256GB SSD; Logos 7

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 10.2

iPhone 5s 32GB iOS 10.2

Posts 296
Jonathan West | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 1 2010 10:55 AM

Exciting contest in the first semi-final ... as Spurgeon goes head to head with OT Theology and the lead keeps changing - only 3 votes in it. (Probably won't buy either - but fun to see the lead changing whenever I check status o fhte second semi-final!!!)

www.emmanuelecc.org

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 16 2011 9:18 AM

I dunno' i am a little disappointed, of all the books listed, i only see one that i maybe intersted in.

I guess my team did not make it to the play-offs....CryingConfused

DISCLAIMER: What you do on YOUR computer is your doing.

Posts 10597
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 16 2011 1:17 PM

Robert Booth:
I dunno' i am a little disappointed, of all the books listed, i only see one that i maybe intersted in.

Robert

You posted this in an old thread. This one is a discussion of the 2010 March Madness Sale. There are some current threads that deal with this year's sale.

Page 13 of 13 (249 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 | RSS