Logos March Madness

Page 3 of 13 (249 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 248 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 579
Pam Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 13 2010 12:10 PM

Matthew C Jones:

Thomas Black:
What are you HOPING makes it into the March Madness shuffle?

I just received Hermeneia this week Embarrassed

My prioritized dream list is:

1) Zondervan Bible Reference Bundle http://www.logos.com/products/prepub/details/5656

2) Yale Anchor Bible http://www.logos.com/products/details/4469

3) Ultimate Archeology Collection http://www.logos.com/products/details/3267

4) Anchor Yale Bible Reference Library (29 Vols.) http://www.logos.com/products/prepub/details/5732

5)  International Critical Commentary Series http://www.logos.com/products/details/1906

You dream big, don't you? Stick out tongue  I'd also love to pick up ICC NT.  Anyone know if these types of sales can be put on the payment plan?

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 13 2010 12:25 PM

Steve Robinson:

I would be very happy to see Logos pull out some real quality books in the $20-$40 price range from some of their bigger (and much pricier) collections, similar to what they did with the "12 Days of Logos." That "event" in December allowed me and a lot of others to pick-up some books that are a bit more unique in nature, but still have a broad appeal, like the "Dictionary of Theological Interpretation of the Bible" and "The Drama of Scripture," both of which are among the cream of the crop of a $330 14-book Baker collection.

Ditto Yes

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 13 2010 1:00 PM

Pam Larson:
Anyone know if these types of sales can be put on the payment plan?

Generally, "No."

But Dan the Man has been known to open great doors of opportunity on occassion if enough people plead and appeal. Stick out tongue

(Thanks Dan!)

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 13 2010 1:15 PM

Matthew C Jones:

Pam Larson:
Anyone know if these types of sales can be put on the payment plan?

Generally, "No."

But Dan the Man has been known to open great doors of opportunity on occassion if enough people plead and appeal. Stick out tongue

(Thanks Dan!)

I think that this is one of the great advantages of building a relationship with a salesperson. When the rules need to be bent a little, your salesperson can always get on the phone with their manager (or even Bob or Dan), and plead your case.

While I have no personal experience of this with Logos per se, I have found it to be true throughout my life when it comes to retail purchases.

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 188
Si | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 13 2010 1:46 PM

Paul Golder:

I think that this is one of the great advantages of building a relationship with a salesperson. When the rules need to be bent a little, your salesperson can always get on the phone with their manager (or even Bob or Dan), and plead your case.

While I have no personal experience of this with Logos per se, I have found it to be true throughout my life when it comes to retail purchases.

Paul,

If you are looking to build a relationship with a salesperson, let me suggest Jim-Ray.  I have heard others in the forum speak well of him, and found myself transferred to him once when I needed to talk to someone in sales.  From this point on, I have solely used Jim-Ray for all my purchases.  From the very beginning, he has been kind, informative, and has always worked hard to meet my needs.  It really seems like he tries to get you the best deal possible, and is honest when he is unable to discount an item.  When I called to get my Pradis user discount, my name was not initially on the list even though I was a registered user.  Jim-Ray said he would look into it, and emailed me back when my name was added to list.  I really appreciated this effort. Just thought I would throw his name out there for you or anyone else looking for a salesperson to handle their Logos business.        

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 13 2010 2:28 PM

SiCochran:

Paul,

If you are looking to build a relationship with a salesperson, let me suggest Jim-Ray.  I have heard others in the forum speak well of him, and found myself transferred to him once when I needed to talk to someone in sales.  From this point on, I have solely used Jim-Ray for all my purchases.  From the very beginning, he has been kind, informative, and has always worked hard to meet my needs.  It really seems like he tries to get you the best deal possible, and is honest when he is unable to discount an item.  When I called to get my Pradis user discount, my name was not initially on the list even though I was a registered user.  Jim-Ray said he would look into it, and emailed me back when my name was added to list.  I really appreciated this effort. Just thought I would throw his name out there for you or anyone else looking for a salesperson to handle their Logos business.        

Thanks, but I've always dealt with Jared Bryant. And like you, nothing but positive experiences. Yes

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 13 2010 2:46 PM

SiCochran:
f you are looking to build a relationship with a salesperson, let me suggest Jim-Ray.

Yes

Posts 1355
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 13 2010 5:56 PM

I recommend Dave Kaplan in sales. He's taken good care of me.

Posts 180
Linden | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 13 2010 6:00 PM

I'm hoping for

JPS Tanakh Commentary Collection: http://www.logos.com/products/details/2913

Linden

Posts 928
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 13 2010 6:08 PM

Edwin Bowden:

I recommend Dave Kaplan in sales. He's taken good care of me.

Have you talked with Dave lately? I've sent him some email messages for pre-pub orders over the past couple of weeks and haven't received a reply and they haven't shown up on my pre-pub page. He is usually very prompt.

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 84
Ron Barry | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 14 2010 8:38 AM

I've been dealing with Dave quite awhile - there was a problem with his email - if there was a link in the body (whenever I ordered pre-pubs I'd put a link to the pub) he'd never get it. Finally figured that one out. Let him know - I have a feeling it is just as frustrating for him.

Posts 928
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 14 2010 9:47 AM

Thanks, Ron. I re-sent the message to him.

Posts 180
Linden | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 14 2010 12:25 PM

Forgot one.  I'm also hoping for:

John Wesley and Adam Clarke Collection: http://www.logos.com/products/details/1454

Linden

Posts 189
Valerie Pobog | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 14 2010 12:38 PM

So when does this begin? It's the middle of March now....

Posts 9109
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 14 2010 12:39 PM

Thursday. The real playoffs for the NCAA Division 1 Basketball Tournament starts then, too. Just a coincidence.  Wink

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 188
Si | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 14 2010 4:07 PM

Paul Golder:
Thanks, but I've always dealt with Jared Bryant. And like you, nothing but positive experiences.

Sorry, I misunderstood this statement:

Paul Golder:

I thought you meant that you did not have personal experience with building a relationship with a particular sales person.  I understand what you meant now.  

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 14 2010 4:27 PM

SiCochran:
I thought you meant that you did not have personal experience with building a relationship with a particular sales person.  I understand what you meant now.  

I see, no big deal Smile

Posts 84
Ron Barry | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 14 2010 5:51 PM

Hoping for the ISBE.

Posts 928
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 14 2010 6:28 PM

Ron Barry:

Hoping for the ISBE.

Which one--the old one or Bromiley? I would love to see the newer edition of ISBE, though I would also go for the older one.

Posts 383
Daniel Bender | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 14 2010 7:07 PM

Mark A. Smith:
Evangelical Dictionary of Theology (take it out of the set)

This is my number one wish as well. I'm not going to be able to afford much else this year. So, if it makes it I hope it finishes high.

Page 3 of 13 (249 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS