Logos March Madness

Page 5 of 13 (249 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last »
This post has 248 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 2774
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 16 2010 11:12 AM

Matthew C Jones:

Dan DeVilder:

Thank you, Kevin, as always.  I don't really think about where publishers have to draw from for their graphics. 

I would be inclined to pay double what i paid for the pictures . . . . I think they are THAT valuable.

As Kevin points out, the copyrights are held by multiple entities. In the case of Christian History & Biography Magazine, probably hundreds of entities. It would be a monumental task to hunt down and secure each permission needed.

I agree with this.  Even in my Doctoral research, if I want to include a picture or graphic from a book, I need to write the author directly and secure written permission... I can quote the text all day long, but to use a picture requires special written permission.  So even in an academic instance for a single use in a dissertation, using graphics is a huge task because most authors cannot be found directly and it takes many emails, phone calls and letters just to find them and then you still need to get permission.  Who knew it was so difficult?

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 273
Ken Avery | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 16 2010 12:03 PM

Anchor Yale Bible Dictionary: http://www.logos.com/products/details/1678

Posts 26
Jean Maurais | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 16 2010 12:22 PM

Ken Avery:

Linden:

I'm hoping for

JPS Tanakh Commentary Collection: http://www.logos.com/products/details/2913

Yes

Same here...YesYes

Posts 1646
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 16 2010 2:17 PM

Michael Childs:
or his volumes on Ephesians.

Yes to Martyn Lloyd-Jones!

Regards, SteveF

Posts 9111
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 16 2010 2:41 PM

1 day and a little over 6 hours to go.

http://www.logosmarchmadness.com/

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 16 2010 2:41 PM

Matthew C Jones:

Michael Childs:

I understand the first 50 issues of CHM do have the pictures and graphs in Logos format.  It is only after issue 50 that there are no pictures. Is that correct?

Yes. The first 50 issues include the pictures. I cancelled my order for the full set when I heard they lacked the photos from the latter half. I do not know if the upgrade would delete the photos from the first half. I doubt it would have that effect but I don't know.  Did everybody retain the photographs from the first 50 issues when upgrading to the full set? Does a new purchase of the full set include the photos from the first 50 issues? If so, I think it is well worth the purchase price. Although you will feel a sense of loss to see what could have been.

i bought the full set.  I have pictures in the earlier ones.  And tables/graphs.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 16 2010 2:43 PM

Joe Miller:

Matthew C Jones:

Dan DeVilder:

Thank you, Kevin, as always.  I don't really think about where publishers have to draw from for their graphics. 

I would be inclined to pay double what i paid for the pictures . . . . I think they are THAT valuable.

As Kevin points out, the copyrights are held by multiple entities. In the case of Christian History & Biography Magazine, probably hundreds of entities. It would be a monumental task to hunt down and secure each permission needed.

I agree with this.  Even in my Doctoral research, if I want to include a picture or graphic from a book, I need to write the author directly and secure written permission... I can quote the text all day long, but to use a picture requires special written permission.  So even in an academic instance for a single use in a dissertation, using graphics is a huge task because most authors cannot be found directly and it takes many emails, phone calls and letters just to find them and then you still need to get permission.  Who knew it was so difficult?

yup.  who knew.  Still seems odd.  half of them we get it, half we don't.  Did the pub---whoops, getting way OT here.

So, who is staying up to Midnight (ET) to find out the brackets????  (all you Seattle area people, "Sei Still!" . . . as a German friend would say.  Stick out tongue

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 16 2010 9:35 PM

Dan DeVilder:
So, who is staying up to Midnight (ET) to find out the brackets????  (

Sleep Not I, They'll still be waiting on my vote after I wake and have devotions.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 71
Ryan Burns | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 17 2010 8:11 AM

Dan DeVilder:

Well, I'll be up in order to make the site live... but I already know the brackets, so I guess that doesn't really count Big Smile

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 17 2010 8:22 AM

I find it somewhat eccentric that I've been watching a count-down clock, with anticipation, just so I can spend money.

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 17 2010 8:24 AM

Ryan Burns:

Dan DeVilder:

Well, I'll be up in order to make the site live... but I already know the brackets, so I guess that doesn't really count Big Smile

you can email me at dustandbreath (at) sbcglobal (dot) (com).  I promise not to tell.  Zip it!

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 17 2010 8:25 AM

Paul Golder:

I find it somewhat eccentric

that is not the word I have in mind . . .

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 17 2010 9:31 AM

Ryan Burns:

Dan DeVilder:

Fortunately my email is already in your database Ryan.  Wink

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 17 2010 9:37 AM

Dan DeVilder:
So, who is staying up to Midnight (ET) to find out the brackets???? 

Alright, this is blatantly unfair.  I noticed that the countdown was headed to MY midnight, and not midnight ET (Bellingham).  

So....

I thought to myself, "Self, I wonder if I change my timezone if I could get a jump on the brackets?"

So I jumped from UTC -6 to UTC +10 (Brisbane) and got this:

Nuts.

Check the Wiki

Posts 71
Ryan Burns | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 17 2010 9:46 AM

Thomas Black:
So I jumped from UTC -6 to UTC +10 (Brisbane) and got this:

Sorry about that Thomas. I think I fixed it. Try again.

Posts 1646
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 17 2010 10:11 AM

Mine brings me to Midnioght (in my time zone). Which I think is what is intended?

Regards, SteveF

Posts 71
Ryan Burns | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 17 2010 11:24 AM

Who wants an early peak at the 64 title in Logos March Madness?

Here's the deal, as soon as our Facebook shares and tweets BOTH hit 100, I'll post the title list in this forum. It is now in your hands. Recruit your friends, family, fans, and total strangers to share the Logos March Madness news. http://www.logosmarchmadness.com/

Get 100 shares in each and I'll release the title list.

*And no tweeting it 60 times yourself, that's cheating Smile

Posts 439
Mark Stevens | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 17 2010 4:24 PM

I just looked at the site and it told me my countdown clock was running early! When is this thing due to go live? 

Ryan Burns:
Get 100 shares in each and I'll release the title list.

Is this what we now have to wait for Ryan?

Posts 71
Ryan Burns | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 17 2010 4:39 PM

MarkStevens:

Is this what we now have to wait for Ryan?

No, the countdown clock is running off you computer's clock. This was a oversight of mine when I was coding the splash page. I should have made it run off a more static time. If you're getting the "Your clock is running fast" message, it is because the site technically launches at midnight PST. 

Hang in there for a few more hours everyone.Smile

Posts 1874
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 17 2010 4:54 PM

Almost there!

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 4GHz; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.12.2; 1TB FD; Logos 7

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.12.2; 256GB SSD; Logos 7

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 10.2

iPhone 5s 32GB iOS 10.2

Page 5 of 13 (249 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS