The Best Deal Ever! Faithlife is sending prices through the floor...

Page 2 of 2 (40 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 39 Replies | 10 Followers

Posts 449
Dave Moser | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 12 2016 7:21 PM

Mark Smith:
Doubly unfortunate is the fact that our 2017 budget has already been finalized.

This.

Posts 1380
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 12 2016 7:40 PM

John Schwandt:

Rick Ausdahl:

I think it's an awesome idea and would like to present it the pastoral staff at my church.  But before doing that, I'd like a better understanding of things like:

• Who among those attending the church would be eligible to view the courses?  Only official members?  Regular attenders even if not members?  Semi-regular attenders?  Visitors?
  • What would those who are eligible have to do to view the courses?
  • What would the church staff have to do to ensure courses were only viewed by those who are eligible?

Thanks for the great questions.

A church purchases a subscription size based on their average weekly attendance.  During the purchase process the church is provided with a Faithlife group (if they don’t already have one).  We also provide onboarding instructions and links for you to send to the congregation so everyone in your church can join or follow the group.  Then when someone wants to watch the content on the web or setup a Faithlife channel on their Roku or Apple TV, we will know whether they are part of your Church’s Faithlife group and grant access on that basis.  The church administration has control over the group and can remove people.  Since the church size is based on an average, one would expect some of the semi-regular attenders to be included, presumably those more regular than not.

Thanks, John!

Posts 492
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 12 2016 10:32 PM

John Schwandt:
This deal isn't available for a portion of a large church.  

Thanks you for the response! I understand the reasoning and somewhat figured this would be the answer, but felt it was worth it to ask.  I appreciate you giving me the reasoning behind the decisions being made and I can understand it, hearing the mission and goals behind this decision.  I've worked with video-curriculum before and can definitely see it's potential and training (especially in developing nations that have little or no access to biblical scholars) and here in the States as a supplemental, yet highly qualified, training tool.  

I also get the rate-hike after an introductory year - seems pretty standard for the market this offer is in.   

Sounds like a great idea.  I'll give it some thought and bounce the idea around our pastoral staff and see what comes from it! 

MBPro'12 / i5 / 8GB // 3.0 Scholars (Purple) / L6 & L7 Platinum, M&E Platinum, Anglican Bronze, P&C Silver / L8 Platinum, Academic Pro

Posts 3114
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 13 2016 5:38 AM

Bob Pritchett:

You wish we had the deal for individuals? Subscribe yourself on your church's behalf. At this price it's a great deal for one person, and only more amazing a deal with each additional person at your church who uses it.

I really like the idea of this and wish there was a way to sign up individually but asking for $960 up front from one person is a bit much for me.  $80/month * 12 = $960 because it is billed annually

Posts 6229
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 13 2016 6:05 AM

Mattillo:

Bob Pritchett:

You wish we had the deal for individuals? Subscribe yourself on your church's behalf. At this price it's a great deal for one person, and only more amazing a deal with each additional person at your church who uses it.

I really like the idea of this and wish there was a way to sign up individually but asking for $960 up front from one person is a bit much for me.  $80/month * 12 = $960 because it is billed annually

But remember, they are not trying to maximize revenue that's why monthly billing is not an option only yearly upfront payments are allowed 😜 I just poked a huge hole in that statement hehehe

DAL

Posts 1132
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 13 2016 6:46 AM

mike:

Now I felt like my subscription to Mobile Ed for $500 was a VERY BAD purchase..

Also my current subscription to Mobile Ed is a BAD DEAL 

To make things worse, there not even any new video on this month of OCT.

I feel cheated with this.

O Mike, why always, always, the pessimism?

Posts 180
James Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 13 2016 11:59 AM

Matthew C Jones:

Bob Pritchett:
If everybody gave a quarter...

I'd give $43 for each course I haven't bought yet. And I'll take all of them.

Me too! Smile

Posts 1823
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 13 2016 7:01 PM

Liam..

I gave you the reasons why I was disappointed.

1. I paid $500 for the subscription.
  2. It is only for 1 person.
  3. It is limited to certain videos
  4. On this month of Oct, there's no new video.
  5. If I could remember correctly, there's is a video/s that was part on Mobile Ed the other month that is now included in the Logos 7 base package. (Now had people known that a certain video was going to be released in a bundle together with L7, people wouldn't rushed so quick to finish their videos)

Liam, I don't know whether you're subscribed to Mobile Ed or not. But I'm sorry, for me $500 is a lot of money. A lot of money.

Now Logos comes out with another subscription that is so cheap, with only double the price that the people have paid few months ago.

1. Only $960
  2. Multiple persons can watch the videos
  3. ALL Mobile Eds can be watch. Unlimited
  4. There could new videos every months since Mobile Ed is still in production phase.
  5. People don't have to worry to buy Mobile Ed anymore because they (the church) can watch them together.

Do you see why me and people who are subscribed to Mobile Ed have reasons to be disappointed? I'm sorry if I am.

Tell me Liam... if you've never been disappointed and be pessimistic more than 2-3 times in your life. Good thing you're hiding behind your screen, keyboard warrior. Don't worry, I know I wouldn't throw the first stone. But you just did. Congrats on achieving to another level!

Posts 2248
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 13 2016 10:18 PM

Dave Moser:

Mark Smith:
Doubly unfortunate is the fact that our 2017 budget has already been finalized.

This.

Pragmatic approach: Find 100 church members who would pay $10 each out of their own pocket.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 660
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 14 2016 8:41 PM

Does this carry the standard Faithlife 30 day satisfaction guarantee?

Thanks, Dale Heath

Posts 3013
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 15 2016 10:36 AM

Bob Pritchett:
This is the best deal we have ever offered.

Yeah, I think it is. And I think it's a pretty good idea, too.

It's a bit like FORMED, which caters to Catholic parishes, unlike Logos Mobile Ed. On that note, I could see a Verbum Mobile Education offering targeted at Catholic churches being viable...

Posts 809
Cynthia in Florida | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 18 2016 8:39 AM

Just a thought but wouldn't this subscription be problematic in a theological sense?

I guess what I'm saying is that if a church purchased this for their congregation to peruse, then wouldn't it be a promotion of material that may or may not align theologically with their doctrinal statement?  I know that before I am allowed to teach at any church I've ever attended or spoke at, I am asked to sit and discuss my doctrinal views before teaching, making sure I align with their doctrinal statement. and if I don't, then we discuss what will or will not be taught.  For instance, I taught a community Bible study in a Methodist church several years ago.  I am not Methodist.  However, the Pastor and I agreed that we majored on the majors, but that I would never be allowed to teach on certain topics, and that if those topics arose in discussion, I was to direct them to their pastor. 

I'm just wondering if no one else sees this as a potential problem...

Cynthia

Romans 8:28-38

Posts 10040
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 18 2016 8:57 AM

Cynthia ... ssssh!!!  Don't wake up the elephant sitting in the middle of the room!!

I can't imagine any of the churches I went to in my lifetime, to participate, due to the obvious elephant sleeping in the Logosian livingroom.  I've always advocated denominational Logos packaging, to avoid the elephant waking up ... not a pretty picture.

I once went to a church here in Sedona ... they'd invited one of the historical Jesus guys to speak. Sunday services.  I was amazed. He had terrible logic. And everyone watched, like a NASCAR race. But not my call.  Stick to my literalist denomination. 

Posts 5610
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 18 2016 9:11 AM

Cynthia in Florida:

Just a thought but wouldn't this subscription be problematic in a theological sense?

I guess what I'm saying is that if a church purchased this for their congregation to peruse, then wouldn't it be a promotion of material that may or may not align theologically with their doctrinal statement? ...

I'm just wondering if no one else sees this as a potential problem...

I would think that the church leadership would need to review the content and recommend specific courses--most likely by recommending known scholars with similar doctrinal viewpoints. The problem is the course teachers are from diverse backgrounds, so I don't know of any church that would give carte blanche approval.  At the same time, the price is so good that even if only a handful of courses met with approval, it's still a good deal.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 660
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 18 2016 10:46 AM

Our Elders will be discussing this, along with other issues, at tonight's meeting. It's a great offering, but there are some downsides that need to be addressed. Like any great tool, it needs to be managed.

Dale Heath

Posts 660
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 18 2016 10:49 AM

I still haven't gotten an answer back on whether or not this is covered by the 30 day guarantee. If you don't like it, cancel and get your money back.

Dale Heath

Posts 6479
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 18 2016 11:57 AM

Dale E Heath:

I still haven't gotten an answer back on whether or not this is covered by the 30 day guarantee. If you don't like it, cancel and get your money back.

Dale Heath

Best that you call them.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 1
Test Account | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 18 2016 1:02 PM

Dale E Heath:

Yes- we have the 30 day guarantee. 

Posts 809
Cynthia in Florida | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 18 2016 1:40 PM

Denise:

Cynthia ... ssssh!!!  Don't wake up the elephant sitting in the middle of the room!!

I can't imagine any of the churches I went to in my lifetime, to participate, due to the obvious elephant sleeping in the Logosian livingroom.  I've always advocated denominational Logos packaging, to avoid the elephant waking up ... not a pretty picture.

I once went to a church here in Sedona ... they'd invited one of the historical Jesus guys to speak. Sunday services.  I was amazed. He had terrible logic. And everyone watched, like a NASCAR race. But not my call.  Stick to my literalist denomination. 

Denise.  I need to ask you a question.  I can't see where to message you.  Can you email me at cynthia828us AT Yahoo DOT com?

Thanks.

Cynthia

Romans 8:28-38

Posts 42
LogosEmployee
Liz Roland (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 18 2016 3:29 PM

Dale E Heath:

Dale Heath

Yes- we offer a 30 day guarantee 

Page 2 of 2 (40 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS