Sermon Editor: Bulleted List Slide?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 4
Jesse E Champers | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 14 2016 10:39 PM

Is there a way to create a bulleted list slide in the sermon editor?

I might be missing something, but it seems that when I put a bulleted list in the outline it doesn't automatically make a slide for the list. When I change it to a heading of some kind, then it creates a separate slide for each item (I do not want this!).

It would be extremely helpful to be able to make a list as one slide with bullets.

Posts 26519
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 14 2016 10:54 PM

This is a known problem - treatment of the hard return as a paragraph end without special treatment within a list is the reason.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 26
Andy Warmack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 15 2016 11:36 AM

Is there any sort of workaround for this?  I just recently installed L7 and started playing with the Sermon Editor.  I'm starting to wonder what kind of presentation slide results we CAN expect if bulleted lists isn't one of them...

It's starting to look like I'll still have to do a lot of work in Keynote, which kind of defeats the purpose of the perceived "automatic" sense of the Sermon Editor.  Not that I was expecting to crank out a spiffy, polished presentation straight from there, but I was hoping to generate at least a pretty good part of it in order to save a little time from the get go.  I don't mind adjusting things in Keynote after that if most of it is there--but if I can't even generate a bulleted-list slide, then what's the point?

Any ideas?

Posts 26519
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 15 2016 12:49 PM

Andy Warmack:
Is there any sort of workaround for this? 

I've not tried a work around but manually adding a bullet character and a soft return may work ...

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 18
Mike Parolini | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 5 2017 12:52 AM

I spent a long time trying to make this work too.  I also noticed that many of the slide templates have bulleted indents in the examples so I honestly thought there HAD to be a way.  Has anyone figured this out yet?  It really is limiting to not have the ability to make a slide with numbers or bullets.

Posts 21918
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 5 2017 1:15 AM

Mike Parolini:
 Has anyone figured this out yet?  It really is limiting to not have the ability to make a slide with numbers or bullets.

This is include in the beta of Logos 7.4 - which I think should ship to the stable channel next week.

From the beta 4 release notes:

• Multi-paragraph slides can now be created by selecting a range of text that spans multiple paragraphs and pressing the “Add slides from Selected Text” button.
Posts 18
Mike Parolini | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 6 2017 12:49 AM

Wonderful!  I just bought Logos last week.  Does the software just update or is this something you have to actively apply?

Posts 21918
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 6 2017 2:23 AM

Mike Parolini:
Does the software just update or is this something you have to actively apply?

By default it will update - or at least prompt for updates - automatically.

You can change this using Tools -> Program Settings:

Use Internet needs to the set to "Yes"

I have automatic updates set to No which means I get a prompt asking me if I want to apply it.

If you switch this to Yes you can specify a time period where you are willing to take updates.

If it doesn't update for some reason, entering the command "update now" in the command bar will check for any updates (program / resources) and download them to apply to your system.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS