Documents usage and differences - why the different between Notes, Clippings and Highlighting

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1
CWilson | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 18 2016 11:14 AM

This is my first time using the Forums.

I have been a long time user and love this program. I am an early adaptor like the new upgrade. As being an old dog it is not easy to lean new tricks. Logos has make it easy to learn from your video and YouTube is also a good source. Logos has made it easier to make study notes inside the program as compared to copy and pasting into my wordprocessing program.

I have gone through and learned how to use notes, clippings and highlighting documents. But I do not understand how they are used inside the program. Why Logos has created these three different methods of creating saved notes - I understand how they work. I would like some insight into why the developers see the need for the three different document storage methods. What are the advantages to each and what application were you meeting when they were developed. I would guess Logos is meeting demands of users who request such a document storage need.

A video to explain why the developers intergraded the three and how they could be used.

Thank you for all the improvement you make in this program. Logos has done an outstanding job in educating the Christian church.

Cliff Wilson

Posts 26257
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 18 2016 2:19 PM

Welcome to the forums. One slight correction to you question. Highlights and Notes are a single document type and can be intermingled in the same Note Document. An individual note may or may not have a highlight and may or may not have a user annotation.

Clippings are a separate document type and treated separately ... although if the design had been left to me they likely would be just a subtype of note. I suspect that Clippings are kept separately because of the way they handle the copied text although I do not know that as fact.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 24841
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 18 2016 4:56 PM

Clippings are not Notes; they are a way to document a theme which then could be used for a sermon or bible study (the latter use is more likely as v7 introduced a Sermon document!). I use clippings to collate articles/text from different resources, then add my own comments (called Notes!) and print for a bible study. Sometimes I export to Word and edit before printing.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS