Logging in

Page 1 of 3 (49 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 48 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 56
Seth Huckstead | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Mar 10 2010 11:32 AM

From the beginning, I apologize if this is a redundant post, but here I go…(I tried to search for this but came up empty-perhaps I used the wrong terms)

Are you supposed to sign in every time you open L4 for Mac? (Some of the students here say they don't have to log in every time.)

It's a very minor issue, but how would I fix this? 

Posts 100
Heath Choate | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 10 2010 11:42 AM

The default setting in Logos 4 Mac is to log in automatically upon opening Logos. It is my understanding that this only affects the RSS feeds and update features if you are not logged in.

If it is asking you  to log in each time and requiring a username/password then perhaps there is a check box that has been unchecked or perhaps something in preferences that would allow the auto log in to resume.

For access to your library, bibles and features such as exegetical guide etc does not require you to log in.

Posts 2774
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 10 2010 11:46 AM

Seth Huckstead:
Are you supposed to sign in every time you open L4 for Mac? (Some of the students here say they don't have to log in every time.)
You must enter your user name and password each time you start logos, but with respect to the internet you can work in "on-line" or "off-line" mode.

Hope that answers your question,

Joe

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 100
Heath Choate | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 10 2010 1:22 PM

Joe Miller:

Seth Huckstead:
You must enter your user name and password each time you start logos, but with respect to the internet you can work in "on-line" or "off-line" mode.

Hope that answers your question,

Joe

Is the question really about the fact that Logos logs in each time or is a setting issue where he is questioning why he is required to enter his information each time? I realize that it logs each time but . I don't have to enter username/password.

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 10 2010 1:49 PM

Seth,

You shouldn't have to log in each time. Can you post your logs?

We store an authentication token that is submitted for the last logged in user so you shouldn't have to do this every time.

Tom

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 56
Seth Huckstead | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 10 2010 1:59 PM

I will post my logs, just have to watch the video to figure that out. 

Posts 56
Seth Huckstead | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 10 2010 2:20 PM

Okay here are the logs: 

Using A15

The only step to this is the initial login-it just asks for my Logos account info every 1526.Archive.ziptime. 

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 10 2010 5:10 PM

Seth,

There is this warning in your logs:

2010-03-10 17:06:39.3618 1 Info AppStartupModel (36ms) Checking 'Use Internet' setting.

2010-03-10 17:06:52.6284 1 Warn UserManager Couldn't protect user's password: Data protection failed.

Without posting your password out, there any special characters you use in it, or is it especially long? I think this could be a Mono bug that we might need to file with them.

Try resetting your Logos.com password to something different and see if this persists.

Posts 56
Seth Huckstead | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 11 2010 4:55 AM

Tom, 

Here are my answers in order-my password does not have any special characters and is short and sweet. 

I changed my password and the same issue is occurring. Here are my logs from today. 

5751.Archive.zip

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 4:34 PM

Seth,

If A16 didn't fix this issue for you, can you post your logs? I added some debugging to the log in code that will hopefully give us more information on why this isn't working for you.

Posts 56
Seth Huckstead | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2010 4:29 AM

Still have the issue-I haven't been too concerned, as this is alpha (don't think I'd be too concerned if this was a regular feature-only mentioned it 'cause my friends don't have to log in all the time w/their L4 Mac alphas). I've been wondering if I need to trash my .plist file in preferences, but I don't know if that would mess up the indexing. I am not going to change anything, though, until one of the devs directs me, as I want to help find the problem. 

62764.Archive.zip

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2010 1:11 PM

Seth, can you run the following in Terminal and paste the results?

ls -l ~/.config/.mono

And

ls -l ~/.config/mono/keypairs

If you delete the keypairs folder and relogin, does the problem go away?

Posts 56
Seth Huckstead | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2010 2:28 PM

Here you go: 

For the config command: Last login: Mon Mar 22 09:16:44 on console Usernames-MacBook-Pro:~ username$ ls -l ~/.config/.mono total 0 drwxr-xr-x  3 username  staff  102 Feb  3 08:13 certs drwxr-xr-x  3 username staff  102 Feb  3 08:13 keypairs For the keypair command: Usernames-MacBook-Pro:~username$ ls -l ~/.config/.mono total 0 drwxr-xr-x  3 username  staff  102 Feb  3 08:13 certs drwxr-xr-x  3 username  staff  102 Feb  3 08:13 keypairs Usernamess-MacBook-Pro:~ username$ ls -l ~/.config/mono/keypairs ls: /Users/username/.config/mono/keypairs: No such file or directory You probably know this, but I did change my username (gotta have some secrets). I could not find anything with keypairs. Lastly, do you want logs as well? 

Posts 56
Seth Huckstead | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2010 2:33 PM

Okay didn't format right: 

For the config command:

Last login: Mon Mar 22 09:16:44 on console

Usernames-MacBook-Pro:~ username$ ls -l ~/.config/.mono 

total 0 

drwxr-xr-x  3 username  staff  102 Feb  3 08:13 certs

drwxr-xr-x  3 username staff  102 Feb  3 08:13 keypairs

For the keypair command:

Usernames-MacBook-Pro:~username$ ls -l ~/.config/.mono

total 0

drwxr-xr-x  3 username  staff  102 Feb  3 08:13 certs

drwxr-xr-x  3 username  staff  102 Feb  3 08:13 keypairs

Usernamess-MacBook-Pro:~ username$ ls -l ~/.config/mono/keypairs

ls: /Users/usernamek/.config/mono/keypairs: No such file or directory

Posts 56
Seth Huckstead | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2010 2:34 PM

BTW-no change

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2010 2:42 PM

So you did

rm ~/.config/.mono/keypairs/*

and no change?

Posts 56
Seth Huckstead | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2010 3:13 PM

No change. Tried it several times. You want logs? 

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2010 4:09 PM

No, I don't think they would be any different.

Do you have the Mono.Framework installed? (Anything in /Library/Frameworks/Mono.Framework ?)

Do you know if you have any other apps that use Mono installed?

Posts 56
Seth Huckstead | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2010 4:20 PM

No Mono framework. When I purchased Logos I went for the download option. Also, I have not done any meddling with my files. 

Posts 29
Matthew Bookspan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 24 2010 7:06 PM

Tom,

I tried this to with no success. I also do not have the mono framework installed. Ideas?

Matthew

Page 1 of 3 (49 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS