4.0b Release Candidate 2 (v4.02.3.7337) available

Page 1 of 3 (43 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 42 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Mar 10 2010 1:57 PM | Locked

4.0b RC 2 (v4.02.3.7337) is now available for testing.

For Release Notes, see http://wiki.logos.com/Logos_4.0b_RC_2.

To upgrade from a previous beta, enter "update now," or if you are on RC 1, enter "set update channel to beta" to begin downloading it. To install RC 2 from scratch, see the notes and download link at http://community.logos.com/forums/t/8883.aspx

For 4.0b RC 1 release notes, see http://community.logos.com/forums/t/13091.aspx.

Posts 3187
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 10 2010 2:36 PM | Locked

RC2 is not auto downloading?

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 10 2010 2:39 PM | Locked

Whyndell Grizzard:

RC2 is not auto downloading?

Not for me either.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 24941
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 10 2010 2:42 PM | Locked

Melissa

We have to use  "Set update channel to beta" to get it!

OR use the web link.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 10 2010 2:43 PM | Locked

Dave Hooton:

Melissa

We have to use  "Set update channel to beta" to get it!

THAT did it.  Thanks Dave.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 24941
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 10 2010 3:02 PM | Locked

Todd Phillips:
THAT did it.

It's because the RC's are on the stable channel by default.

After the update you should revert by using "Set update channel to default" unless you want to remain on beta.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 10 2010 3:22 PM | Locked

Dave Hooton:
After the update you should revert by using "Set update channel to default" unless you want to remain on beta.

Wouldn't RC2 revert me to the stable channel automatically, just like RC1 did?  I want to stay in the beta, so wouldn't I have to enter "set update channel to beta" (again) to get 4.0c beta1?

Posts 24941
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 10 2010 3:46 PM | Locked

Todd Phillips:
Wouldn't RC2 revert me to the stable channel automatically, just like RC1 did? 

Check About Logos  next to the version information. Mine stated "Beta channel"!

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 1646
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 10 2010 4:03 PM | Locked

Dave Hooton:
Mine stated "Beta channel"!

Is this new? (I also have it).

I don't remember seeing it before.

Or is this part of the "debate" as to What "properties" etc go along with any of the RC releases?

Regards, SteveF

Posts 8017
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 10 2010 4:05 PM | Locked

Todd Phillips:

Dave Hooton:

Wouldn't RC2 revert me to the stable channel automatically, just like RC1 did?  I want to stay in the beta, so wouldn't I have to enter "set update channel to beta" (again) to get 4.0c beta1?

Setting a channel is permanent until you run "set update channel to default". The default for RC & SR builds is the "stable" channel; the default for Alpha & Beta builds is the "beta" channel.

If you use "set update channel" to download RC2 instead of running the installer link directly, we strongly recommend running "set update channel to default" after it's installed to make sure no unwanted beta updates download in the future.

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 10 2010 5:08 PM | Locked

Bradley Grainger:

Todd Phillips:

Dave Hooton:

Setting a channel is permanent until you run "set update channel to default". The default for RC & SR builds is the "stable" channel; the default for Alpha & Beta builds is the "beta" channel.

If you use "set update channel" to download RC2 instead of running the installer link directly, we strongly recommend running "set update channel to default" after it's installed to make sure no unwanted beta updates download in the future.

I understand, but I was already in the beta channel, and the RC2 update wouldn't download until I entered "set update channel to beta"--which upon doing, it immediately downloaded (without a restart or an "update now").

Posts 124
Randy Murphy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 10 2010 5:25 PM | Locked

Same here

Posts 180
Linden | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 10 2010 6:44 PM | Locked

Is there a post/link somewhere that highlights all the new features in the 4.0b that we should be testing?

Linden

Posts 9090
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 10 2010 6:56 PM | Locked

Linden:
Is there a post/link somewhere that highlights all the new features in the 4.0b that we should be testing?

No new features, just bug fixes. See Melissa's posting at the top of the page for the link.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 10 2010 7:00 PM | Locked

Linden:

Logos will release cumulative release notes when 4.0b goes golden. For now I suggest reading the release notes for all the Betas here (at least the new features parts) http://wiki.logos.com/Logos_4_Beta_Release_Notes

Posts 846
Eric Weiss | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 10 2010 7:18 PM | Locked

Okay, I downloaded 4.0b Release Candidate 2 (v4.02.3.7337) per Melissa's post: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/13124.aspx And even though I have 5 hours of indexing to go, I decided to test the one thing I was interested in - i.e., did it solve the problem of my PC crashing everytime I did a lemma morphological search. Based on doing one search in BHS and a couple in NA27, it appears that this stable pre-release revision has indeed solved the problem. Hip-hip-hurray!!! Smile

Optimistically Egalitarian (Galatians 3:28)

Posts 13360
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 10 2010 7:24 PM | Locked

I'm preparing a video on the new features in 4.0b, so made the following list from the various release posts.

Notes

• Import notes, highlighting and favorites from LDLS3. To start the import, enter one of the following commands in the command box
    • NOTE: Before importing notes, please read the important instructions about importing from LDLS3
    • import notes
    • import highlighting
    • import favorites
    • import all (imports all three types listed above)
  • Significant improvements to formatting preservation when importing notes. We recommend running the import delete notes command, followed by import notes to re-import the notes. If you have a lot of notes, synchronization may take a long time to catch up with all the changes after running these commands.
  • Every note type now supports user-editable titles.
  • Note import now preserves the original note's title, rather than combining it with the note text.
  • Context menu Add note now respects the selected tab to influence note attachment.
  • Added ability to add a note to a reference range.
  • An editable title box has been added to notes, to the right of the attachment anchor, for notes attached to resource text. This replaces the Title/Delete pop-up, so the red 'x' for Delete has been restored to Notes documents.

Prayer Lists

• Prayer Lists (in File menu)
  • import prayer lists command imports prayer lists from LDLS3

PR Sets

• Added Parallel Resource drop-down menu in resource toolbar
  • Right-click a collection title in the Parallel Resources drop-down to edit it
  • Parallel Resource Sets remembers the last set chosen
  • Collections are not shown in Parallel Resources by default (existing collections won't be changed)
  • The first Parallel Resource set is now the default set

Highlighting

• Highlighting Palettes and Styles can be created and edited
    http://wiki.logos.com/media/40bBeta7-Highlighting.png

Navigating

• Resources support navigating by data type levels, highlighting, and search results

Information Panel

• Added Information Panel settings

Minor

• There are now different settings for auto bookmarks, user defined favorite bookmarks, and search bookmarks for more control over visual bookmark settings
  • Added "Proxy settings" to Sign in dialog for custom/authenticated proxy servers
  • Adding "Default Sans Serif" font option to the Settings panel
  • External links can be dragged to the Favorites panel
  • Input boxes will try to provide valid Bible reference ranges instead of doing nothing (e.g. "mt 28:18-22" will parse to Mt 28:18-20)
  • Implicit Series are now included as options in the Cited By panel menu (disabled by default)
  • Bible reference input boxes support the specification of a versemap to use when parsing
  • Delete icon changed to red 'x' (to distinguish it from the Close icon)
  • Added Language program setting
  • Resource Information shows reverse interlinear information (when available and applicable)
  • Added a resource description pop-up to resource hyperlinks in the Commentaries and Cross References sections
  • Resource visual filters are grouped by type.
  • When the application crashes, it will write a short crash report to My Documents\Logos Log Files\*Crash.txt; this will occur whether or not logging is enabled.
  • Commentaries sections now use the collection title as a subtitle.

Keyboard Shortcuts

• Added Alt+C keyboard shortcut to open/close home page Customize drop-down menu
  • Ctrl+Shift+W closes all panels

Layouts

• Added an "Update to current snapshot" context menu option to saved layouts, which replaces the saved layout with the current layout.

Reading Plans

• Added "Adjust plan" feature to reading plans. If you are behind, you can right-click on a day and select "Adjust plan from here", which pushes everything back so that you start reading on that day.

Searching

• Added Graph Search Results to Morph Search when all searched resources are Bibles
  • Added "Speed search" to Bible search, which is now the default
  • Added a button to the Search Panel toolbar to create a new Visual Filter document from the search
  • Added domain and subdomain to the Louw-Nida search analyis group header
  • Added Bibles-only search index
  • Changed layout of reference range picker in Bible Search, Morph Search, and Reading Plan
  • Each unique term in a search query is now highlighted with a different color
  • User-defined collections now have their own section (separate from Series) in Search range picker
  • Bible Speed Search doesn't ignore incomplete phrases.

Copy Bible Verses

• Copy Bible Verses Global Shortcut is now shown in Program Settings
  • Copy Bible Verses supports <tab> to insert a tab
  • New Copy Bible Verses syntax that use Microsoft Word custom Styles:
    • %HeaderStyle = My Style Name
    • %ForEachVerseStyle = My Style Name
    • %FooterStyle = My Style Name
    • %FootnoteStyle = My Style Name (applies to all footnotes, including citations)
    • %CitationStyle = My Style Name (only applies to citation footnotes)

Bibliography

• Collections and Clippings documents can be exported to a bibliography (use Export... on the panel menu)
  •  "Export" changed to "Export to Bibliography."

Posts 180
Linden | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 10 2010 7:31 PM | Locked

Hi Mark,

Mark A. Smith:
No new features, just bug fixes.

This is the first beta that I'm testing so everything to me is new. Smile

Linden

Posts 463
George Allakhverdyan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 10 2010 7:31 PM | Locked

Todd Phillips:

I understand, but I was already in the beta channel, and the RC2 update wouldn't download until I entered "set update channel to beta"--which upon doing, it immediately downloaded (without a restart or an "update now").

I believe this is because Logos4 checks once a day for updates and won't check again if it already did that day - thus when you use set update channel to beta it resets the flag and checks for updates right then.

Posts 180
Linden | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 10 2010 7:32 PM | Locked

Mark,

Mark Barnes:
I'm preparing a video on the new features in 4.0b

This is exactly what I was looking for.  Thanks!

Linden

Page 1 of 3 (43 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS