Page 1 of 7 (128 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 127 Replies | 14 Followers

Posts 19
LogosEmployee
Justin Marr | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 21 2016 4:16 PM

Good news: EEC Philippians is on track to be released by the end of the year. To ensure quality, all 500,000+ words have been through several rounds of review and editorial. It’s in great shape and we’re excited to release this volume by Mark Keown. 

Unfortunately, EEC Jeremiah will not be released this year like we hoped. Walt Kaiser has written a fantastic commentary—very approachable and pastoral—but during our academic review we have determined that the manuscript needed further technical discussion and text-critical engagement than was ready in time for the deadline. We believe this delay, while not ideal, will ultimately serve EEC readers better, as it will further strengthen Kaiser’s excellent contribution.

Several other volumes are also nearing completion. Joshua1 & 2 Chronicles, and Amos/Jonah/Micah all have complete first drafts and are currently in the review/revision process. In addition, the authors of LeviticusDaniel, and Galatians all hope to finish their first drafts by the end of summer 2017. Shortly after, the authors of Ecclesiastes hope to finish their first draft by early fall 2017.

As always, we remain committed to delivering high-quality EEC volumes and we are very excited to release each forthcoming volume.

Posts 4803
doc | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 22 2016 12:39 PM

Justin Marr:
We believe this delay, while not ideal, will ultimately serve EEC readers better, as it will further strengthen Kaiser’s excellent contribution.

Justin Marr:
As always, we remain committed to delivering high-quality EEC volumes and we are very excited to release each forthcoming volume.

Thanks for the update. 

Posts 570
HansK | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 22 2016 1:28 PM

Justin Marr:

Unfortunately, EEC Jeremiah will not be released this year like we hoped. Walt Kaiser has written a fantastic commentary—very approachable and pastoral—but during our academic review we have determined that the manuscript needed further technical discussion and text-critical engagement than was ready in time for the deadline. We believe this delay, while not ideal, will ultimately serve EEC readers better, as it will further strengthen Kaiser’s excellent contribution.

I hope Dr. Varner gets a chance to correct his commentary on James.

MacOS Sierra / Logos 7 Collector's Edition & All Base Packages / Logos Now

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 22 2016 1:39 PM

In the press release they stated they will find another author for the book of James.

Posts 570
HansK | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 22 2016 2:30 PM

Matt Hamrick:

In the press release they stated they will find another author for the book of James.

Yes, I know. But without any explanation about the errors, is this a good direction in this case? Why not let Dr. Varner correct the errors?

MacOS Sierra / Logos 7 Collector's Edition & All Base Packages / Logos Now

Posts 4803
doc | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 22 2016 3:12 PM

The academic world is less forgiving than the Christ.

Hans K:

Matt Hamrick:

Yes, I know. But without any explanation about the errors, is this a good direction in this case? Why not let Dr. Varner the errors?

Posts 1748
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 22 2016 3:17 PM

Thanks for the update Justin.

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 22 2016 3:31 PM

Hans K:

Matt Hamrick:

Yes, I know. But without any explanation about the errors, is this a good direction in this case? Why not let Dr. Varner the errors?

I am pretty sure in the press release they gave an awesome explanation. In college I would have been expelled for not citing my research and if I ever write a book, especially an academic book, then failure to cite my research would cause the book to not be published. I personally cannot understand how the publisher's did not catch it before it was published. Don't forget Dr. Varner was not the first author to do this. But any school will expelled students for doing this.

Posts 8596
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 31 2016 1:41 PM

Thank you Justin (& all involved) for the update on the EEC.  

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 639
Kevin A Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 9 2016 2:15 AM

Whilst not disagreeing with any of the positive and appreciative comments on this series recorded above; please do note that a significant number of the unpublished titles have had their publication dates pushed back; and in a number of case by quite a few years. This is not to be confused with estimated dates that have arrived that we didn't have before.

So I suppose also with the furore over the attibution and citations issue currently raging we should embrace that fact this (and other) series will necessarily take longer to complete to the 'higher bar' quality now expected.

Shalom

Posts 150
Ryan Robinson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 22 2018 6:39 AM

Justin Marr:

Good news: EEC Philippians is on track to be released by the end of the year. To ensure quality, all 500,000+ words have been through several rounds of review and editorial. It’s in great shape and we’re excited to release this volume by Mark Keown. 

Several other volumes are also nearing completion. Joshua1 & 2 Chronicles, and Amos/Jonah/Micah all have complete first drafts and are currently in the review/revision process. In addition, the authors of LeviticusDaniel, and Galatians all hope to finish their first drafts by the end of summer 2017. Shortly after, the authors of Ecclesiastes hope to finish their first draft by early fall 2017.

Is there any way that we can get a detailed update like this again?

Posts 164
Daniel Radke | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 22 2018 12:33 PM

Ryan Robinson:

Is there any way that we can get a detailed update like this again?

Yes

eChristianResources.com - Connecting Christians With Quality Evangelical Resources Available For FREE On The Internet (including links to free Logos/Vyrso resources!)

Posts 2236
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 22 2018 12:48 PM

It would be good to get another update.  I posted this on another thread about three weeks ago.  Two of the dates have changed.

This year has the potential for 8 volumes to be releases:

• Amos, Jonah, & Micah - January 31, 2018  Now March 31, 2018
  • Galatians - February 1, 2018  Now June 1, 2018
  • Jeremiah - April 30, 2018
  • Leviticus - May 1, 2018
  • Daniel - August 1, 2018
  • Joshua - September 1, 2018
  • Ecclesiastes – November 1, 2018
  • 1 & 2 Chronicles - December 1, 2018

https://community.logos.com/forums/p/156747/945549.aspx#945549

Also, there used to be a separate website for the Evangelical Exegetical Commentary.  I can't seem to find it anymore.

Posts 2672
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 23 2018 11:16 AM

I wish they would put these on prepub.  I don't want to buy the whole set up front but I have bought each volume as time has gone on.

Posts 639
Kevin A Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 30 2018 4:14 AM

Ronald Quick:

Also, there used to be a separate website for the Evangelical Exegetical Commentary.  I can't seem to find it anymore.

I too can't find the stand alone website - either this is a domain registration/renewal issue or more likely they have reconsidered its value and ceased it.

Shalom

Posts 1905
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 30 2018 4:34 AM

Ronald Quick:

It looks like the website was at evangelicalexegeticalcommentary.com; however, all links associated with the site now redirect to the Logos EEC product page.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 68
LogosEmployee
Jake Mailhot | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 1 2018 2:30 PM

Thanks all for your questions about the EEC.

We're working on a comprehensive update for the series, we should be able to share it soon.

The EEC website was recently retired and now EvangelicalExegeticalCommentary.com redirects to a landing page on LexhamPress.com. This landing page will be much easier to maintain.

Posts 2853
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 2 2018 11:30 AM

I am very much looking forward to Kaiser's commentary. My approach to reading and understanding the old testament has been so influenced by him that I'm excited to walk with him through an entire book of the Bible, especially Jeremiah, especially since the commentary is pastoral (as I would expect from Kaiser)

Thank you for working hard to ensure that the EEC is the best possible resource. 

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 20 2018 8:14 AM

Can the dates be better trusted on the Lexham Press page? Or should we continue to ignore the dates that are posted?

Posts 2672
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 20 2018 10:58 AM

Any chance of being able to buy them on Pre-Pub?  Normally they just pop into the ecosystem but a prepub discount would be nice

Page 1 of 7 (128 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS