Palestinian Cycle of Torah Readings - Help

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 49
Rob Wilson | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 31 2016 4:35 AM

About to start using Jacob Mann's "Semi-Septennial Cycle" as listed The Bible as Taught and Preached in the Old Synagogue.  Couldn't find any Reading Lists/Plans so started one (developing).  After Saving it, I tried to open it, but can't find it.

Weblink: https://topics.logos.com/Semi-Septennial_Cycle_$28Jacob_Mann$3a_Torah_Readings_Triennial$2fPalestinian$29

Can anyone help locate a relevant Reading List or Plan or tell me how to continue?

Rob Wilson

Teaching Elder, Church of the Messiah

Posts 24037
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 31 2016 4:38 AM

Rob Wilson:
 After Saving it, I tried to open it, but can't find it.

After saving a Reading Plan it should appear on the right hand side of the Document menu

Are you saying it doesn't appear there?

Posts 3770
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 31 2016 4:49 AM

Are you aware of the availability of the Daf Yomi in Logos?

https://www.logos.com/product/25003/daf-yomi-cycle-13

In case you'd find it useful.

Posts 49
Rob Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 31 2016 7:08 AM

Was trying a "Reading List" rather than a "Reading Plan" since the Verses (etc.) aren't intended to be according to a schedule.

Plan to expand and provide more Texts.  Was starting with half of the Scripture Readings.

A Scripture Reading Table would be a much better way to do this, but I can't figure out how to do that.

Appreciate your help!

Posts 49
Rob Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 31 2016 7:18 AM

Yep ... I actually kept up with it for more than a few months ...

The Daf Yomi (Daily Daf) regards a Daily Reading (one page of Hebrew) from the Babylonian Talmud which completes in 7 years. I think the world is currently in it's 13th cycle since the idea was put forth. My interest at present is the Semi-Septennial Cycle of Torah/Haftorah (aka Palestinian Cycle, aka Triennial Cycle) readings according to Jacob Mann's work. His listing of Haftorahs is far more Messianinc Kingdom focused than the Babylonian (Annual) Cycle used by Jews today.

Rob
Posts 31001
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 31 2016 4:00 PM

https://www.rabbinicalassembly.org/sites/default/files/public/halakhah/teshuvot/19861990/eisenberg_triennial.pdf

Does this help? Or if you have a source you can share, I'll give you a sample of how to convert it ...

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 49
Rob Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 31 2016 7:23 PM

It's a very nice Triennial Cycle, but I'm using Jacob Mann's list.  

I can send PDFs, but may need an email address.

Rob

robandlupe@aol.com

Posts 31001
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 1 2016 5:39 PM

I've repaired the Reading List

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS