Page 3 of 3 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 46 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 67
Brian Whalen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 22 2009 10:22 AM

A first package for a novice, especially if they dont have a deep wallet, would almost certainly be someone else's package, esword and quickverse are the 2 that quickly come to mind, I got a quickverse intro package at berean for 20 bucks a couple years ago, it works well for what it does.

Brian Whalen

http://www.mcnazarene.com

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 22 2009 11:41 AM

I guess that their might not be a way around the "get a lot for little cash" issue is there?

I told a woman how much I paid for my bible software and she gasped! As a geek..I thought that it was reasonable.

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 8610
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 24 2009 7:15 AM

Robert Pavich:
I told a woman how much I paid for my bible software and she gasped! As a geek..I thought that it was reasonable.

I told a mechanic how much I paid for my Bible software, and he said, "well I have to pay for my tools and you have to pay for yours. "  I thought that was reasonable.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 1141
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 24 2009 7:33 AM

Hi all,

I have been trying for years to get friends interested in Libronix because when I saw it, a new world of study opened up to me.  Revolutionary, since I had been used to Quick Verse and  PCSB.  And we gave the Scholar's Library to our pastor and she loves it.   I have been able to get people interested in E-sword (I am not pushing other software packages, here) partly because it is "free" and also because the learning curve is not steep.  The people I know have neither the time nor the desire to face the challenge Libronix appears to be to them.  I show it to them and they say "wow-it does all that" and they walk away.  I don't think it is necessarily cost that turns them off.

Esther is right about it being very powerful; I've done the tutorials repeatedly, purchased Camp Logos I and II, read the posts by the power users and gained others insights.  It has been like a part time job and always a challenge I have relished.  I am neither a pastor, nor a seminary student so I lack the background that others might bring with them as far as original language studies.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 24 2009 8:23 AM

There is some truth to what you say.

I know few people who LOVE to do bible study. I know even fewer who would shell out money to do it.

I know some who are dazzled by Logos and say it's great...but when it comes to shelling out that cash....it just doesn't happen. hmmmm

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 30 2009 8:48 PM

I am not at all versed in marketing but I bet the eBible people really put a lot of thought behind their various Lifeworks collections. It has a LOT of pluses with very few negatives.

First they start with Libronix - the best library system available. Next they include several popular Bible versions. Then a basic reference library is added. They top off the package with your choice of several very popular Bible teachers: Jeremiah, Lucado, MacArthur, McGee, Stanley, Hayford,  & Bill Bright . Most of these retail between $40~50 with street values as low as $15.  I don't think you can beat one of these as a starter set.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 30 2009 9:12 PM

I know a lot of the younger generation is used to FREE stuff and may not even be willing to part with $15 for Bible software. So how about a website where they can download a starter library for FREE?

They can go from screen to screen choosing 3 Bible versions, 1 Bible dictionary, 1 Bible encyclopedia, 3 commentaries, some introductory texts and devotionals. Then get an install code upon FREE registration. The marketing department can send automated emails offering additional titles available for purchase or whatever. The DIFFERENCE from other freely available Bible study software is the Libronix engine driving it.  I think it would open the gate to many new users.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Page 3 of 3 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS