Logos is not auto-updating

Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 21 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 21
Glen R. Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 17 2010 1:33 PM

Alan,

I'm sending this as an update.

I am using Mac Logos 4. When I turn my computer on I receive an Update message: Updates for Logos Bible Software 4 are ready to be installed. WhenI click to install the updates I receive the following message. Update error. The file doesn't exist. When I click on that message I receive the following message. An error occurred while extracting the archive. Please try again.

I have the automatic download turned on. I have deleted Logos4 and reinstalled it.

Since Tuedays evening I have been downloading small bits of information from Logos4Mac(3).dmg one bite at a time. Each bite is from 3 minutes to one or more hours. Now I am up to Logos4(160).dmg. This has taken at least 14 to 16 hours. Is there a better way?

Thank you for your time and some advise!

glen francis

Posts 698
LogosEmployee
Cameron Watters (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 18 2010 10:19 AM

Glen R. Francis:

Thanks for answering. It is on. Each time I turn on my computer (MacBook) I get the notice that a download is ready. When I click that the response a notice tells me it doesn't have that file the next click says there is an error try later.

We're still working on reproducing this issue internally and I'll believe we'll be adding some logging to help us track this down when it occurs in future Alphas. In the mean time, the workaround is to manually download the latest version from:

http://www.logos.com/logos4mac

Director of Engineering for Enterprise and Operations

Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS