Quality Control?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 395
Robert Neely | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 15 2016 6:44 PM

Sorry, I don't mean to be negative but I just have to ask.  OT231 downloaded today so I opened it up.  Fully 2/3 of the first video (What is a Prophet?) is missing based on where it stopped relative to the corresponding text. What kind of checks are done before these ship?  I also seem to be running in to more run-on words, incorrect verse links, etc.

Posts 3189
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 15 2016 7:26 PM

The segment 1 video cuts out early. FL can resolve major issues like that very quickly.

Unfortunately, minor transcript errors tend to take longer to get fixed.

I've asked several times that FL devote more attention to Mobile Ed QA, and it's more important now since the videos are more widely available via the recent church membership offering.

Many of these problems should be caught by automated scripts put in place to check courseware spelling and grammar, match up verses, determine that all its required resources are actually available for sale, and even predict and check for reasonable video segment durations, based on the transcripts.

It's much less likely that every problem can or will get fixed after the fact, which is why I've felt so strongly about the importance of catching and correcting as many issues as possible before a course ships.

Unfortunately, it costs FL time and money to fix these problems, in either case, even if it is cheaper and easier to correct things before the course ships. As far as I know, the courses are only checked internally, for obvious reasons, so the fewer remaining people who actually have time to proof them before they go out the door, is small.

Perhaps you'll get a better answer from inside the company. Sorry to use your post to lobby for more checks to be put into place Wink

Posts 322
Vincent Chia | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 15 2016 7:34 PM

I spend alot on Logos, and I expect the quality checks to be better than this. Disappointing.

Director

Elyon Family Clinic & Surgery Pte Ltd

Singapore

Posts 358
LogosEmployee
Miles Custis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 16 2016 10:03 AM

It looks like there was an error when we transcoded this video for the resource. We'll get the resource updated as soon as we can. For now, you can see the full video here: https://logos.wistia.com/medias/ln4yp6saft.

Can you send me examples of the incorrect verse links and run-on words?

Posts 943
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 16 2016 1:15 PM

Quality Control in Logos is left up to the consumer.  We report the typos and then wait until Logos decides its time to update them.  We report the huge sections of texts left out and the hyperlinks that are forgotten, missed, or disregarded.

If you search the forums you will see MANY people commenting on this.  This might be my biggest complaint about Logos.

Posts 395
Robert Neely | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 16 2016 4:24 PM

Miles Custis:
Can you send me examples of the incorrect verse links and run-on words?

here are some examples in the first chapter of "Salvation Belongs to the Lord: An Introduction to Systematic Theology", Frame, that I was reading recently.

Here we see the mysterious name in still a third form. Weseen it in a long form, a short form, and now a very short form, a one-word form translated “LORD.” 

Nothing is too hard for him (Jer. 32:7; Gen. 18:14)            Should be 32:27

AP211- resource shows locked but is in my library.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS