Personal Update from Bob and Audra Pritchett

Page 1 of 7 (123 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 122 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 1563
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 15 2016 8:07 PM

Over the years it has been wonderful to see how the Logos Forums have become, for many users, more than a software support tool: For many people this is a community.

It's been a blessing to get to know, even if only virtually, so many people around the world, and to see them share personal updates with people they've met here, to be supported in prayer, and to be encouraged.

While I participate, I know I'm here to represent Faithlife, and that's been the focus of most of my posts.

After talking with my wife (Audra, who has been a part of the Logos/Faithlife story since the very beginning), I wanted to share something of our personal life: 

Audra has Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma, and after years of 'watch-and-wait' she is now in her first round of chemotherapy. This follows months of terrible, mysterious pain (now 'obvious in hindsight') caused by tumors.

During the past few months my work schedule has been sporadic, my calendar in chaos, and my focus distracted. This is why I've been largely absent from the forums, and why some emails replies have been so delayed. (I'm also working outside the office more than usual.) 

While we're still in the middle of treatment (and will be for three more months), I've actually been able to get to work pretty regularly for the last few weeks, though things are not as predictable as they once were.

I'm sorry about how I have been less responsive, or seemed disconnected, and apologize that it will probably continue for a bit.

I know that this is not an unusual story, and that many of you have been through this process yourselves or with a family member. And I am grateful that we're going through it only when I have a flexible job, fantastic support from friends and co-workers, access to great medical care, and our children out of the house. I know that those things make this easier for us than it is for many others.

You (you all?) are the reason Faithlife exists. We are here to serve you, and our business and our livelihood and everything that's happened since that one summer when Logos was started and Audra and I started dating has been supported by your investment in Logos Bible Software. I feel like you're all a part of our family in some small way.

So I wanted to share the biggest thing happening in our life, and ask for your prayer for Audra.

That's all we need, and the best we could ask for.

-- Bob

Posts 1113
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 15 2016 8:12 PM

I will add you all to my daily prayers. Please keep us updated on Audra.

Posts 23862
Forum MVP
alabama24 | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 15 2016 8:30 PM

Many prayers for her, you and the rest of the family. 

OSX & iOS | Mac Logs | PC LogsInstall

Posts 23645
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 15 2016 8:38 PM

Audra and your family are in our prayers ... take all the time off that you need ... we can save our complaints up and might even forget a few saving you time.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 134
James Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 15 2016 8:39 PM

Bob,

Praying for Audra and yourself for the success and positive outcome of the chemotherapy.

James

Posts 1251
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 15 2016 8:41 PM

Praying for you and Audra 🙏

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 299
Stephen Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 15 2016 9:02 PM

Bob,

I suppose like many Logos users I don't really know you, and I didn't know you were married. You have always been that friendly CEO of a getting larger and larger Bible software company that made himself available to users. And I thank you for that.

Be assured that many of your saddened beneficiaries will be praying for Audra and yourself as if you both were our special friends.

Stephen

Australia

Posts 8303
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 15 2016 9:05 PM

Thank you for your openness. I will be praying for both of you.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 2399
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 15 2016 9:13 PM

Bob Pritchett:
and ask for your prayer for Audra.

Absolutely.  It will be a privilege to pray for Audra.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 15685
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 15 2016 9:18 PM

God's Grace and Peace Big Smile

Thankful can pray; looking forward to reading how God answers.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 68
Richard J. Ward | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 15 2016 9:48 PM

Bob, we will be praying for your family.

Posts 4234
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 15 2016 9:58 PM

Done...and on the maintenance list.

Posts 17287
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 15 2016 10:33 PM

Thanks for sharing Bob

You and Audra and in my thoughts and prayers

Graham 

Posts 23645
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 15 2016 10:48 PM

Stephen Miller:
I didn't know you were married.

Their son married recently . . .

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1558
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 15 2016 10:50 PM

Thanks, for sharing, Bob.

Praying for your family. Also for the Faithlife staff.

Posts 93
Earl Sheneman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 15 2016 10:52 PM

Thank you for sharing that Bob. Both of our daughter in laws have gone through the same thing and after a lot of treatments and a lot of prayers as far as we know they are cancer free. One is having a PET scan soon to confirm that all is well. Our prayers will be with you and Audra.

Posts 1400
Gao Lu | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 15 2016 11:07 PM

Thanks for sharing this with us.  We will be praying.

Posts 96
Vincent Chia | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 15 2016 11:11 PM

NHL generally has a better prognosis than other cancers. May the Lord heal her and strengthen her. Thanks brother for sharing this with us.

Director

Elyon Family Clinic & Surgery Pte Ltd

Singapore

Posts 3730
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 16 2016 12:20 AM

Praying for you and Audra.

Posts 3671
Disciple of Christ (doc) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 16 2016 12:37 AM

Praying for you all.

Page 1 of 7 (123 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.