Posts 29589
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 20 2016 2:33 PM

For several years I have complained that we lack pericope sets for:

• Common English Bible
  • The Five Books of Moses
  • The Good News Translation
  • The Net Bible

My list may not be complete. If you are not going to add this basic functionality when you add a Bible, then please add the capability for us to build and share pericope lists that work in the compare pericope tool.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 457
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 20 2016 3:45 PM

MJ. Smith:

For several years I have complained that we lack pericope sets for:

• Common English Bible
  • The Five Books of Moses
  • The Good News Translation
  • The Net Bible

My list may not be complete. If you are not going to add this basic functionality when you add a Bible, then please add the capability for us to build and share pericope lists that work in the compare pericope tool.

I think this would be an excellent idea. The following don't seem to have headings which could currently be used for periscopes: King James Bible 1900; Cambridge Paragraph Bible (1873) and Authorised Version. The ability to create periscope lists when needed and allow comparisons would be very useful. Keep well Paul  

Posts 29589
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 20 2016 3:50 PM

Paul:
King James Bible 1900; Cambridge Paragraph Bible (1873) and Authorised Version.

There is a very good reason ... the pericopes are defined by the BCP lesson boundaries. I'd like the ability to compare lectionary pericopes as well but Faithlife has a ways to go in this area.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2286
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 7 2020 7:59 AM

Bump

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS