Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 34
felipe salas | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 29 2016 2:05 PM

Recently we switch from Mac to a PC, in the mac the proclaim updtaes downloads was fast (like our internet connection), but now in the pc it is super slow, 123 MB downloads in 2 hours (other things download in 5 min or less, CMG backgrounds for example). Do you know if is a problem of the configuration of my pc or if you server for pc downloads is super slow?.

Thank you. 

Felipe Salas

Posts 144
LogosEmployee
Christian Villapando | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 29 2016 2:57 PM

Hello Felipe,

I apologize for your trouble installing, sounds like you had quite the download experience. 

As far as we know, we're not experiencing any problems with our distribution server. 

You can actually check the status of our servers here: http://status.faithlife.com/ 

I would highly recommend doing a speedtest to check if there's anything going on with your connection.

You can do a speedtest here: http://speedtest.net

Please let me know how the speedtest goes. 

Posts 34
felipe salas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 29 2016 3:35 PM

Posts 34
felipe salas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 29 2016 3:36 PM

Here you can see that my internet connection is good. I realized the test while I'm downloading the update.

start downloading at 4:00pm here in Colombia, 2 hours and a half ago. Service start in 10 min

Posts 144
LogosEmployee
Christian Villapando | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 29 2016 4:39 PM

Felipe, 

would it be possible to restart the download? It may sound counter-productive but I think with restarting the download it may help the download speed. 

Posts 34
felipe salas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 29 2016 5:41 PM

The last time I tried it, it doesnt work, but i will try it again.

Posts 34
felipe salas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 11 2016 7:07 AM

I don't what its happening, but when i try to download the updates the saturday it go very slowly but when I do it on Sundays or thuesdays it works perfectly.

Posts 144
LogosEmployee
Christian Villapando | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 11 2016 7:46 AM

Hello Felipe,

Thanks again for the reply I apologize for the trouble you're still experiencing.

By any chance could your computer be running a virus scan on the weekend? I would check your scanning schedule with your anti-virus sometimes that could cause some problems.

Additionally, usually on the weekend there is a higher load of people on the Internet, I would highly suggest maybe speaking with your Internet Service Provider to see if maybe there's more traffic in your area on the weekend. 

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS