Logos on a budget

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 32
William Palmer | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 30 2016 12:16 PM

Hi...I have a friend that can't afford any of the base packages. What's the best way for someone on a very tight budget to get started with Logos?

Posts 24841
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 30 2016 12:57 PM

How much is "tight" and what are their biblical and search interests?

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 21847
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 30 2016 1:04 PM

William Palmer:
What's the best way for someone on a very tight budget to get started with Logos?

The links below are to free products:

Then he/she could add additional resources:

Hopefully these will get your friend started

Then register for the monthly free resources.

It won't provide the "full" Logos experience but it should be a start

Posts 9075
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 30 2016 2:09 PM

Besides the free resources Graham pointed you to, your friend can find other free resources by sorting Faithlife's product list by price (lowest first): https://www.logos.com/products/search?start=0&sort=pricelo&pageSize=15. There are free Vyrso resources as well on Vyrso.com.

It would help to have the answers to Dave's questions.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 32
William Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 30 2016 2:47 PM

Thanks everyone for the replies. He's hesitant to buy since he's on a tight budget, but i think if i could get him started with the free resources and get him using Logos then that might change.

Posts 259
Jonathan Bradley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 1 2016 4:21 PM

William Palmer:

Thanks everyone for the replies. He's hesitant to buy since he's on a tight budget, but i think if i could get him started with the free resources and get him using Logos then that might change.

William, what is he wanting to purchase Logos for? Seminary? Preaching? Personal Bible Study? 

Posts 1355
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 1 2016 4:34 PM

Get free books, the free engine, and start acquiring what's needed piecemeal. I've been with Logos since 2001ish, started with the Anchor Bible Dictionary, and still don't own a package. 

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 2282
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 1 2016 5:28 PM

Have a look at the wiki for "hidden" free books that require coupons etc.

https://wiki.logos.com/free_logos_books

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 482
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 1 2016 7:16 PM

Ben, I almost want to buy you a package but when I see what you're running for a computer, I'll cancel that thought.  :-} 

ASUS Rogue / 500 GB Samsung SSD / 500 GB HD / 16 Gigs of RAM/ Logos 8 Full Feature Set / Faithlife Connect Essentials 

Posts 5248
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 1 2016 8:55 PM

Download free engine. purchase free of charge: Faithlife study Bible series. lexham English bible and connect the testaments. This will give him a devotional, a modern translation, a study bible and a bible dictionary. It is a pretty decent set for free. 

Dan

Posts 2811
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 1 2016 9:16 PM

William Palmer:
someone on a very tight budget

If I have a friend on a "very tight budget" I'd keep him/her as far away from Logos as I could.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 1355
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 2 2016 12:10 AM

Thanks bootjack ;)

FWIW, my iMac is a 2010 and my Air a 2011, and I've upgraded both myself to make them last longer.

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS