New Pre-Pub pricing policy

Page 1 of 3 (46 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 45 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 878
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 2 2016 4:12 PM

Our Pre-Pub program is the best way to get your the books you need and build your Logos library. It gets you the earliest access to the best books at great prices. Over the next year, are going to work on ways to make the Pre-Pub program even better. The first change we’re going to make is a new, clear pricing policy.

Starting Monday, December 5, we will be updating our Pre-Pub program to include a low-price guarantee.

All Pre-Pub orders will have a 6-month lowest-price guarantee. If we offer a book for less than its Pre-Pub price within 6 months of shipping, contact us and we will give you the difference in Logos credit.

Logos Now members will have a 1-year lowest-price guarantee on Pre-Pub orders. To take advantage of this, you must have been a Logos Now member when the book shipped.

The new policy will be backdated to apply to all books purchased through Pre-Pub in the previous 6 months (1 year for Now members).

This policy applies only to sales on stand-alone Pre-Pub books and bundles (i.e. not prices reflected in base packages).

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Manager, Bible Study Products Department

Posts 3326
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 2 2016 4:16 PM

Thank you Ben. How will this affect publisher sales? E.g. If zondervan offers a sale will logos pass it off onto its customers or ignore it like in the past.

Posts 6601
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 2 2016 4:18 PM

Great start! Thank you for listening and planning these changes and other changes to come. πŸ‘

DAL

Posts 878
LogosEmployee

Mattillo:
How will this affect publisher sales?

Great question. Part of the reason we are making this change is so that we can participate in publisher sales like the one from Zondervan.

Posts 2093
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 2 2016 4:32 PM

Good Job!

Yes

Posts 1054
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 2 2016 4:36 PM

Ben, you are a hero today, thank you.

Posts 3267
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 2 2016 4:36 PM

Ben, thanks for everyone's efforts to come up with this pricing policy!

One question. I assume even though you mention Pre-Pub books, it would also hold true for other Pre-Pub resources such as Mobile Ed?

Posts 1577
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 2 2016 4:37 PM

Sounds good Ben Amundgaard

Posts 1850
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 2 2016 4:40 PM

Thanks Ben.  Sounds great.

Posts 3326
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 2 2016 5:00 PM
Ben Amundgaard:

Mattillo:
How will this affect publisher sales?

Great question. Part of the reason we are making this change is so that we can participate in publisher sales like the one from Zondervan.

Awesome News!
Posts 544
Glenn Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 2 2016 5:04 PM

Sounds like the right way to go Smile

Pastor Glenn Crouch
St Paul's Lutheran Church
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Western Australia

Posts 5173
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 2 2016 5:06 PM
Well done to Logos for listening to customers on this issue. There is no perfect solution but this is a reasonable solution that shows a little bit of respect to customers who do support prepubs but does not lock out forever customers who for whatever reason we're not able to buy at prepub price.
Ben Amundgaard:

Our Pre-Pub program is the best way to get your the books you need and build your Logos library. It gets you the earliest access to the best books at great prices. Over the next year, are going to work on ways to make the Pre-Pub program even better. The first change we’re going to make is a new, clear pricing policy.

Starting Monday, December 5, we will be updating our Pre-Pub program to include a low-price guarantee.

All Pre-Pub orders will have a 6-month lowest-price guarantee. If we offer a book for less than its Pre-Pub price within 6 months of shipping, contact us and we will give you the difference in Logos credit.

Logos Now members will have a 1-year lowest-price guarantee on Pre-Pub orders. To take advantage of this, you must have been a Logos Now member when the book shipped.

The new policy will be backdated to apply to all books purchased through Pre-Pub in the previous 6 months (1 year for Now members).

This policy applies only to sales on stand-alone Pre-Pub books and bundles (i.e. not prices reflected in base packages).

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Posts 906
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 2 2016 5:06 PM

Thank you for being so receptive to our feedback!

Posts 3326
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 2 2016 5:14 PM

I thought of another question. What happens to items that were on prepub greater than 6 months ago? Are they locked out forever or can they go on sale now?

Posts 878
LogosEmployee

Mattillo:

I thought of another question. What happens to items that were on prepub greater than 6 months ago? Are they locked out forever or can they go on sale now?

They are not locked out forever. They are eligible to go on sale. 

Posts 2378
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 2 2016 6:15 PM

Well done! Thank you!

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 427
Leo Wee Fah | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 2 2016 7:00 PM

I appreciate FL for such consideration, many blessings to your ministries.

Posts 330
Vincent Chia | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 2 2016 8:33 PM

Thanks for the guarantee. It definitely adds value to each pre-pub I consider purchasing.

Director

Elyon Family Clinic & Surgery Pte Ltd

Singapore

Posts 666
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 2 2016 10:05 PM

So, so grateful for this. Really well done. Thank you!

Posts 643
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 2 2016 10:22 PM

DAL:

Great start! Thank you for listening and planning these changes and other changes to come. πŸ‘

DAL

πŸ‘πŸ‘

Page 1 of 3 (46 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS