I downloaded 1.3 GB yesterday....

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 234
Ben Hein | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 3 2016 1:44 PM

And its downloading another 850 MB today...but I don't see anywhere where Logos 7 is telling me what is being downloaded or changed. Where can I find what exactly it is downloading?

I haven't purchased anything, nor have I been notified that a pre-pub went through or anything...

Thanks!

Rev. Ben Hein

Shady Grove Presbyterian Church (PCA)

Reformed Theological Seminary, M.Div (2017)

www.shadygrovepca.org

Posts 438
Mathew Haferkamp | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 3 2016 1:55 PM

Hello Ben, if you go to your homepage on the software on the second band across the top it should say resources updated and give you a number.  I hope this helps.

Posts 234
Ben Hein | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 3 2016 2:15 PM

Hi Mathew,

Yes, this is what I expected, but I don't see anything there.

Rev. Ben Hein

www.shadygrovepca.org

Posts 5495
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 3 2016 2:16 PM

Ben Hein:

And its downloading another 850 MB today...but I don't see anywhere where Logos 7 is telling me what is being downloaded or changed. Where can I find what exactly it is downloading?

I haven't purchased anything, nor have I been notified that a pre-pub went through or anything...

Thanks!

From time to time resources are updated to make them more compatible with changes in the software.  It is not always evident what the actual changes to the resources.

I didn't' take not of my download size but I had a total of 432 resources updated yesterday. Note 'resources' includes datasets as well as books you seek in your library. A couple of purchases in that lot but the vast majority were simply updated resources.

You can sort your library by the column "Last Updated" to see the books updated. But to see everything updated including data sets you need to look on your home page on the same line that the GO box is located on the right hand side of your screen.  You will see a notification telling you how many resources have been updated. If you click on the X at the end of the notification it will remove it from your home page   - don't do that just yet.

If you click on the words "999 resources updated"  a list will be displayed showing you every resource updated.  In the screen shot below you can see as well as a variety of books updated on my system there was an update to some datasets.  Note blue writing is a hyperlink and you can click on it to open the resource - black writing is a resource you can't open directly( (i.e. dataset) and so there is no hyperlink.

Posts 234
Ben Hein | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 3 2016 3:08 PM

If I had closed this box before, how do I get it to show up again?

Rev. Ben Hein

www.shadygrovepca.org

Posts 234
Ben Hein | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 3 2016 3:10 PM

Also, my most recent updated resources in library view say October 4, 2016...

Rev. Ben Hein

www.shadygrovepca.org

Posts 234
Ben Hein | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 3 2016 3:11 PM

Also, my most recently updated resources in my library just say October 4, 2016...

Rev. Ben Hein

www.shadygrovepca.org

Posts 1748
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 3 2016 3:11 PM

Ben Hein:

If I had closed this box before, how do I get it to show up again?

You can't. But in the Library listing you can list updated date, and sort by that.

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

L8 Anglican, Lutheran and Orthodox Silver, Reformed Starter, Academic Essentials

L7 Lutheran Gold, Anglican Bronze

Posts 26029
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 3 2016 11:34 PM

Ben Hein:

Also, my most recently updated resources in my library just say October 4, 2016...

Restart the computer and enable diagnostic logging. Restart Logos and upload logs if the download still occurs.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 234
Ben Hein | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 6 2016 1:15 PM

I'll give this a shot.

Since I first wrote this post, Logos 7 keeps cycling between updating 1.3GB to updating 850ish MB to 350MB and then back to 1.3. Right now, it says its downloading 1.3 again. Yesterday, it was 350. The day before it was 850. Somethings definitely not right.

Rev. Ben Hein

www.shadygrovepca.org

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS