Pricing is just crazy complex...

Page 4 of 4 (64 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
This post has 63 Replies | 9 Followers

Posts 294
danwdoo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 12 2016 5:33 AM

This is also my biggest pricing complaint. The "percentage off" should not include dynamic pricing, but only what the actual sale amount is on the actual resource bundles/collections/sets items I would be actually purchasing compared to their regular prices. Most of the time I can't tell if they are actually discounted at all, or if it is just dynamic pricing changing the percentage when I own part of the resources already, which usually means I don't bother. Now I recognize that while this is likely technically challenging, it is likely also directly affecting sales such as it is in my case where I gave up on looking at the Christmas specials as I can't tell if I'd actually be saving anything or not.

Posts 4
Todd Hinton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 12 2016 5:34 AM

Bob,

Thank you for the opportunity to offer input.

Respectfully, I would first ask you what business you are in or want to be in at this point?  Software, video, research, subscription based services?  Some else?  

I purchased Logos to become a better student of the Word and have an electronic library with great books, and a great selection of books.  If that suddenly becomes a subscription-based product, then it is not the product that I intended to buy.  What happens to the product I purchased when I can no longer afford the subscription?

Create a universal FL reader.  Sure technology changes and moves ahead but perhaps customers would be happy books the know they will be able to read regardless of the future of FL. 

The universal FL reader should have a minimum feature set for those who, for a variety of reasons, choose not to opt into the multi-featured- higher priced offerings.  Offer a the universal reader for download.  Visualize the full-featured reader and create two simple pricing models based on which of these two paths customers choose.  Those FL customers who just want to just read books and do the basics can a the FL customers who want the full features and future development can have it and fund its development.

instead of bundled content at discounts prices, why not discounts from realistic prices?  Much of what I see on sale is based on prices that are not relevant to the same products on sale in other electronic or print format.

I agree you have been around a long time.  And you are not the company you were when you started.  Perhaps that, as much as changing technology, is responsible for slumping sales.

Todd

Posts 9405
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 12 2016 3:31 PM

danwdoo:
The "percentage off" should not include dynamic pricing

I agree with that.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 11317
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 12 2016 4:30 PM

Todd, only to avoid confusion:

- No one has seen any slumping sales. Many earlier heavy spenders finished up buying much of their libraries. We don't know what Faithlife total revenues are.  Faithlife might be a very tightly run ship.

- Bob hasn't suggested a subscription for books or base software, beyond the optional Cloud subscription. He has offered a type of 'Prime' aka 'Now' membership for extra discounts, early feature access, etc.

- He has bounced the subscription idea around in his usual Bob-ian way. He's done that before, while 'thinking aloud'.

Plus, your basic versus hot-potatoes versions .... what would existing users get (having already paid for the hot-potatoes)?

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Page 4 of 4 (64 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS