Logos 7 Hebrew Studies Library Expansion question

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 83
Br. Anthony | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 6 2016 2:15 PM

Why does the new Hebrew Studies library expansion include A Grammar of Biblical Hebrew (2003) and not A Grammar of Biblical Hebrew: Revised English Edition (2006)?  Was this an error?

Posts 3266
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 6 2016 2:45 PM

I don't think it was a mistake. I expect it's because the revised edition is more expensive.

Posts 83
Br. Anthony | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 6 2016 2:51 PM

I was looking at getting the Large bundle, but not if I have to spend $75 on a revised edition of a resource that should have been in there in the first place.

Posts 5160
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 6 2016 2:53 PM

It may also be that the publisher would not agree to the newer version being bundled.

PetahChristian:

I don't think it was a mistake. I expect it's because the revised edition is more expensive.

Posts 3266
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 6 2016 2:56 PM

Disciple of Christ (doc):

It may also be that the publisher would not agree to the newer version being bundled.

The newer version is bundled in several other collections.

Posts 83
Br. Anthony | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 6 2016 4:17 PM

I could be wrong, but didn't wasn't the Revised Edition in the Logos 6 Hebrew Studies bundle?

Posts 3266
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 6 2016 4:35 PM

Br. Anthony:

I could be wrong, but didn't wasn't the Revised Edition in the Logos 6 Hebrew Studies bundle?

Yes, the revised edition was in the L6 Hebrew Studies Bundle, L and XL, and it probably will return in a future topical bundle.

The L7 bundles barely offered any overlap with the L6 resources, for obvious reasons. Some L7 bundles contained a completely different set of books from L6.

Posts 83
Br. Anthony | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 6 2016 5:26 PM

PetahChristian:

Yes, the revised edition was in the L6 Hebrew Studies Bundle, L and XL, and it probably will return in a future topical bundle.

The L7 bundles barely offered any overlap with the L6 resources, for obvious reasons. Some L7 bundles contained a completely different set of books from L6.

Okay, then that makes absolutely no sense why a newer version of a bundle should have an older version of a resource.  I would have rather not have the resource at all in the bundle, rather than have an outdated version.  At least then I wouldn't feel like I was wasting money.

Posts 330
Vincent Chia | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 6 2016 6:03 PM

Br. Anthony:

PetahChristian:

Okay, then that makes absolutely no sense why a newer version of a bundle should have an older version of a resource.  I would have rather not have the resource at all in the bundle, rather than have an outdated version.  At least then I wouldn't feel like I was wasting money.

Could it be that it was good business sense to get the customer to buy an older version, and subsequently expect the same customer to purchase separately the new release?

Director

Elyon Family Clinic & Surgery Pte Ltd

Singapore

Posts 83
Br. Anthony | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 7 2016 7:12 AM

Vincent Chia:

Could it be that it was good business sense to get the customer to buy an older version, and subsequently expect the same customer to purchase separately the new release?

I would say two things to that.  First, the item in question isn't exactly "new" (it's from 2006).  Second, I would call that gouging the customer.  Yes, they could potentially make more money, but at the cost of frustrated customers (which is almost never a good trade off in the long run).

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS