RIP: Thomas C. Oden

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 9112
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 8 2016 6:24 PM

Thank you for pointing this out and linking to the article, Floyd.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 128
Richard J. Ward | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 8 2016 6:37 PM

Thank the Lord for Thomas Oden. He was a blessing to the Church. We will be learning from him for many, many years to come. 

Posts 2829
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 8 2016 8:25 PM

Thank God for Tom Oden, a true giant in Methodist theology!  He was a spiritual giant in our church.  I wish he had lived to see the fruit of his labor that is coming through the Wesley Covenant Association and other renewal efforts.  We are seeing a Christ centered Methodist Church, which holds fast to God's Word, being birthed.  And Tom Oden has been a major contributor to the renewal of Orthodoxy and Evangelical faith in American Methodism.

And beyond that there is great contribution to the study of the Church Fathers

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 559
Jesse Blevins | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 8 2016 8:27 PM

I too thank the Lord for Thomas Oden. He has mentored me through his writings and will continue to do so. 

Posts 17
Daniel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 9 2016 2:05 AM

His 3 volume Systematic Theology was recently on sale, but I didn't know much about him and didn't get it. Reading about him now, I wish I had grabbed them.

Posts 1135
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 9 2016 2:41 AM

Daniel:

His 3 volume Systematic Theology was recently on sale, but I didn't know much about him and didn't get it. Reading about him now, I wish I had grabbed them.

No worries, this one seems to go on sale rather frequently. It's excellent as a theological guide to the church fathers and other classic theological works. (I have a more detailed review on the product page.)

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS