Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 378
Clint Cozier | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 9 2016 5:50 AM
We're getting a consistent error about 1 item that does not sync. Since we copy services over from one week to the next, it's been going on for a while now. I don't see any way to tell what specific item is causing the problem, is there any way to solve the error short of starting with a blank service next week?
Posts 3171
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 9 2016 8:39 AM

Hi Clint,

I'm sorry that's happening. Can you post logs of the behavior here? You can find them by going to Help and then clicking "Save log files..."

Posts 378
Clint Cozier | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 9 2016 1:52 PM

The log files are attached. 

Thanks.

3240.Proclaim Logs.zip

Posts 294
LogosEmployee
Glenn Gervais (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 9 2016 2:12 PM

Thanks Clint!

It looks like a failed SermonAudio upload. Do you see anything in the menu that pops up when you click the Sync Icon on the top bar area (top right)? If you see an item with no text and Retry/Cancel you can click Cancel to cancel that failed upload job.

Clicking Retry will not succeed for this file. It appears to be gone from the temp location. When you publish a Sermon Recording, we copy to a temp location for conversion to mp3, compression and then upload. You may need to open the "Recordings" menu and re-publish the sermon.

The logs had a crash on Nov 30 (about 7pm) in the middle of this processing and I think the temp file got deleted, thus we never completed the 'job' so did not remove it from the database, but each time you restart, we try to finish the upload job but cannot find the temp file, thus the 'sync error', which really isn't a sync error. We have an open case to address this situation.

As far as this crash back on Nov30, I'd love to see your apple diagnostic crash reports too. You can find these in this folder [~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/] 

Use Finder and click Shift+CMD+G (or use the Go menu item) and put that in the dialog (the tilde is very important).

Select all files that start with "Proclaim_" and right click to 'Compress' into a zip file and post it here.

Thanks

Glenn

Posts 378
Clint Cozier | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 10 2016 5:32 AM

Glenn,

The DiagnosticReports directory is empty (or the files are hidden). This is a mac we only use on Sundays for AV work, so if we were supposed to turn on diagnostic logging, I'm sure that hasn't happened. I don't particularily remember a crash on the 30th at 7 pm (I don't know why I would have been playing with Proclaim on that machine on Wednesday night, other than the possibility that we didn't get a recording of sermon posted from the 27th and I was trying to see if it was still around.  I did find the cancel link on the sync error and now it appears to be clear.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS