Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Mar 13 2010 9:48 PM

This is probably an archaic and futile attempt on my part but...

tcblack,  aka Thomas,

Did you ever get the "OpenOffice.org to Libronix" file filter to work for importing into Logos 3.0 Sermon Files?

I found it on Sourceforge.jp and thought it just might work with the Logos 3.0 based Japanese language Greek interlinear collection. Since OpenOffice is also available in Japanese it would be an interesting addition if you have polished it to functionality.

Is this something I should start experimenting with? OpenOffice is available in many languages. Hmm

Just one more reason I want to keep running Version 3 alongside Version 4. They are both AWESOME programs.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 8653
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2010 8:11 AM

Matthew,

The answer is, "maybe".  It's been awhile and I reallllllly want to get back to working on it.  I've been holding off because I don't know what the L4 version of sermon file addin is going to look like as far as XML (or even something else) goes.    But I started it for L3, and lots of people are still using L3 so why not?

IIRC I am able to export the text properly marked up, I am was working on the right way to come up with a unique string to identify the files internally. 

I'm glad you're interested in the project and I'm staring at my big red copy of XSLT  and XPATH book wondering what it will take to get myself back to work on it. (Besides finding a CVS client for Win7x64.)

Tell you what. 

It's Monday, and I've got a few projects to take care of this morning.  Once I'm done I'll grab a new CVS client and get started on moving this at least to the next Alpha. 

That said, it SHOULD work in Japanese Once I've determined the UID code creation.  Since it is just an XSLT filture for OOo, I think it will work across languages, providing OOo recognizes the language, but right now I just plain don't know. 

Thanks for kicking me into follow up mode.  Smile

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2010 8:14 AM

Matthew C Jones:

tcblack,  aka Thomas,

Did you ever get the "OpenOffice.org to Libronix" file filter to work for importing into Logos 3.0 Sermon Files?

EDIT: Whilst my 2 typing fingers were speedily pounding away, Thomas comes in to save the day!

I'm bumping this back up where somebody may be able to answer it. Big Smile

Thomas Black is the Webmaster of StillTruth [dot] com. Aside from being a Logos forum MVP he has been a blessing for many years to the Logos user community by hosting all those neat PBBs everybody worked so hard on.  Way back in 2008 Thomas announced he was attempting a filter/conversion program that would allow a user to create a document in OpenOffice (a free office suite) and save the file in XML so the Libronix Sermon File add-In could import these documents into Logos 3.

I know OpenOffice runs in many different languages and thought this might be a viable tool for foreign language users. Of course this would still be limited to Logos 3 like the PBBs still are. But I think Logos 3 is still a very cool program too.

How about it? Does anyone know if this was completed? tc? I know your on the forums this morning. I'm stalking you.Devil

Posts 8653
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2010 8:16 AM

I'll bet you posted this while I was posting the other.  Wink  I hate it when that happens. 

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2010 8:28 AM

Thomas Black:

I'll bet you posted this while I was posting the other.  Wink  I hate it when that happens. 

YEP.

I discovered it while searching for GNU & public domain code that may be usable implementing notes in Logos 4. In the other thread this weekend http://community.logos.com/forums/t/13376.aspx BobP said he didn't want to use code he could not have control over. (I agree with him) So I thought, "Why not look at some of the free office suites and their components?" Then I found your project on the Japanese SorceForge site.

I now this won't give everyhing the NOTES hounds are baying for[ {insert dog smiley here}, but it would be a cool addition for multi-linguals  If it works...

Posts 8653
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2010 8:36 AM

I'll hope to have a "working" alpha tonight.  That's a lofty goal, but if you don't set them you won't reach them.  

OK, technically there's a partially working alpha right now, but I want to add a few tweaks before I let you test it.  Be warned though Until I determine the right way to craft a UID using XSLT ( do have an idea now) all of your files will look like the same one to L3.  

Posts 8653
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 16 2010 6:06 AM

My alpha version is still barely working.  I thought I had a fix for the UID issue, but I have a new idea I'll pursue later. 

Any XSLT guru's here?  I'm not much of  a programmer, I just want this to work!

Posts 8653
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 16 2010 2:29 PM

Matthew, I've just released Alpha02. 

There are several things that aren't working yet, like automaticly populating the passages and the notes, tags, etc.  But the basics are now all there.

Please download and test on Japanese.  Smile

Let me know if you need instructions for installing an OOo filter, I haven't got them enclosed yet but I'll get to it later this week I hope.

If you have any bugs or issues, please file reports at the Sourceforge page. (which I hesitantly link here: libronixtools.sourceforge.net)

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 16 2010 2:51 PM

Thomas Black:

Matthew, I've just released Alpha02. 

There are several things that aren't working yet, like automaticly populating the passages and the notes, tags, etc.  But the basics are now all there.

Please download and test on Japanese.  Smile

Let me know if you need instructions for installing an OOo filter, I haven't got them enclosed yet but I'll get to it later this week I hope.

If you have any bugs or issues, please file reports at the Sourceforge page. (which I hesitantly link here

I copied the URL, so you can edit it out if you so desire.

Meanwhile, I might take a week or so to run my tests.

I'm presently trying to get a new laptop "perfectly" configured for my upcoming Camp Logos. That means I'm starting with my Logos 2.0 titles, upgrading to Logos 3, then synch-ing everything and upgrading to Version 4 Portfolio Edition. Then indexing the whole thing. (I'm exhausted just enumerating it.)

I've got many titles not currently in my account because my Version 3 laptop went down before I could install them from the CDs. (Did I mention I just got Hermeneia?) Some of the old stuff includes RC Sproul, AMG's Essentials, Nelson Lifeworks collections, etc.

Once I have that laptop indexing, I will get on the OpenOffice to XML experiments. It would be neat if others could also test in Chinese and Korean. I expect it will work regardless of the language input. I'll let you know.

Posts 8653
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 16 2010 3:33 PM

Good, hopefully in a week I'll have an Alpha 03 or (gasp) a beta.1 to give you. 

I got the hard part done already, not it's just fleshing out functions.  ;-)

Posts 8653
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 20 2010 3:32 AM

Matthew,

I'm at Beta 0.5 now. And just about everything I can transfer now transfers. 

See here for details: Sermon File Export Filter for OpenOffice - Beta

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 20 2010 8:03 AM

Yay! Thomas.

Just found these latest posts. Since it was 72F here yesterday I assembled a trampoline for the kiddos. (Never jump on one if you have artificial limbs.) I woke this morning to a snow storm and was not amused until I discovered your progress. Snow is a good excuse to stay indoors and set up a test machine.

Maybe Bradley Grainger will see this and get back to you. (Of course we  will never know if he does...Zip it!  )

Posts 8653
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 29 2010 7:34 AM

Matthew,

Have you had a chance to confirm if this will work in Japanese?

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 30 2010 10:26 AM

Thomas Black:

Matthew,

Have you had a chance to confirm if this will work in Japanese?

Ssshhh... Morris is starting the session on Reverse Interlinears. (I'm caught up to the 6th Heaven?? Angel of Camp Logos.)

No, I had to install L4 to a netbook for the Morris Proctor Camp Logos in OKC.  I will begin testing when my feet get back on the ground.

Back at ya' later              Ohh WoW,       Logos 4 is SO AMAZING!                                  Ohh, WoW!

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS