Converting Greek Text in personal books

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 28 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 26757
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 18 2016 2:52 PM

I had to get a special driver from the manufacturer (free) to handle non-European languages.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3192
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 19 2016 2:31 AM

MJ. Smith:

I had to get a special driver from the manufacturer (free) to handle non-European languages.

I did not find any contact info on the site or any driver info- do have any contact info or can you share a copy of driver?

Posts 26757
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 19 2016 2:35 AM

It is equipment dependent - contact the manufacture and they will put you in contact with an academic sales person who will provide the link to the correct driver ... labeled as being for equipment far beyond our price range ... at least that is how Hewitt-Packard handles it.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3192
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 19 2016 3:50 AM

Thanks

Posts 17
Rev Mark Woodhouse | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 19 2016 9:05 AM

Thanks for this Bernhard, I have tried using ABBY (although a fairly old version v6) and doesn't seem to give very good results. I have also tried Paperport PDF converter (which was the version that I uploaded). I have also tried Adobe's PDF Editor for the Mac (also not very good results). I have tried it with Greek and English languages (also tried it with different PDF files (scanned and internet) none of them seem to come out very well!

I think I need to give up on this for the moment.

Bless you and thanks for all your help.

Mark

Posts 3192
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 20 2016 2:46 AM

Tried to use a couple suggestions myself- think I'll just stick with the tried and true method I have- its labor intensive but when I'm done have what I like.

Nothing was converting the Grk or Heb text.

Posts 3192
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 29 2016 9:47 PM

Okay- abbyy program did not work for me- I did switch back to gImagereader- was able to dwnld the font files- it is working very well- cutting my formatting time by 90%.

Thanks for all the suggestions, worth exploring your recommendations.

Posts 3192
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 11 2017 5:24 AM

Ok I have been using gimagereader, it works really well, most times book is converted with Eng, Grk. and Heb. properly displayed.

Of course some books regardless have been more difficult than others but on the average my time for these types of volumes has been reduced by 80-90%, and believe compared to past experience that is significant. 

Here is a portion I did in less than 10 mins this a.m.- normally PDF cut and paste would require me to copy and paste all Greek words, and correct a lot of formatting and verse references- 1 hour or more easily.

7080.2.4 SECTION CONSTITUENT 1.3-8.docx

Posts 3192
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 11 2017 5:26 AM

Do any users know how to get the update to "gimagereader" to install, have been unable to get it to work. No response from tech support.

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS