Downloaded Videos Disappear after Closing and Reopening Logos

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 576
Caleb S. | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 17 2016 1:59 PM

I have experienced a bug since Logos 6.9 where downloaded videos (whether they are the Mobile Education videos or Camp Logos or the Basics of Biblical Hebrew Video Lectures) will disappear after I close Logos and reopen Logos. It also happens if I change from one layout to another. I do not understand why this happens. I created a post after Logos 6.12 update showed the same bug. Does anyone else experience this bug? Can Faithlife/Logos team replicate this bug? 

Until this bug is fixed, I have to download the videos to my iPad Pro, which is fine, but I am running out of space on there. I have more space on my computer than I do on my iPad. So it would be nice to be able to download the videos to my Mac and not have to worry about Logos deleting the downloaded videos, and then re-download them over and over again.

Posts 876
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 18 2016 7:32 AM

I am glad I am not the only one to experience this. I posted this before without any feedback:

https://community.logos.com/forums/p/132479/861462.aspx

When I contacted Logos Support, several suggestions were made but none fixed the issue. So far, Logos hasn't acknowledged this to be a bug, so I don't think there are any plans to fix it.

Posts 28372
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 18 2016 11:12 AM

I'll see if I can flag someone down. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 3018
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 18 2016 1:16 PM

Caleb,

Can you please enable logging (see link in my forum signature) and then reproduce this issue and zip and upload the logs folder?

Posts 576
Caleb S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 18 2016 5:02 PM

This is what I have.5700.LogosLogs.calebsipley.20161218-190110.zip

Posts 576
Caleb S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 22 2016 2:17 PM

Did this issue get fixed and not get reported? I am downloading videos in Logos and restarting Logos and they are still there. So it appears to be fixed. If that really is the case, I am surprised it was never mentioned in the release notes of the most recent updates.

Posts 3018
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 22 2016 3:43 PM

Caleb S.:

Did this issue get fixed and not get reported? I am downloading videos in Logos and restarting Logos and they are still there. So it appears to be fixed. If that really is the case, I am surprised it was never mentioned in the release notes of the most recent updates.

Caleb,

We weren't able to reproduce this in house yet, so it wasn't linked to a specific fix at the time. It's possible that if there was an issue on your machine it sorted out (i.e. network). It's also possible that a change in an update fixed one issue and this at the same time. So it wouldn't have been in the release notes. I'm glad its working, if this occurs again please let us know.

Blessings,

Philana

Posts 576
Caleb S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 22 2016 7:15 PM

The interesting thing is that the problem began on my other MacBook and the issue continued to my MacBook Pro when I transferred everything from my hard drive to my Solid State Drive on my new MacBook Pro. So, not sure what problem might have caused it, since it was not a problem before Logos 6.9, but it was a problem beginning with Logos 6.9 where the downloaded videos would delete every time I closed Logos or if I switched layouts. But after the most recent update, the downloads are staying. So, that is very odd. Oh well, at least it is fixed. If anything changes and they start deleting again, I will let you know. Hopefully, it is permanently fixed. It is odd that only two of us (as far as I can tell, anyway) were having this exact problem. Hopefully it is fixed for Armin, as well.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS