Lost Layouts

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 3
arthur roraff | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 22 2016 12:07 PM

Whenever I select a "Guide" (i.e., topic, passage, exegetical...) I no longer get the pre-loaded layout. I only get a window with the selected "guide." In the past I would get the "guide" window as well as 4 other windows (bible, commentary, and two others) that were linked to the "guide" window. 

The problem may have something to do with my deleting a bunch of layouts in the "layout" dropdown menu. Is there any way to recover so that when I select a "passage guide" (for example) the 5 window layout will automatically open again?

Posts 9079
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 22 2016 12:28 PM

Arthur, welcome to the forums.

When you select a Guide from the Guides Menu it will only open the Guide. This is always how this has functioned.

If you go to the Layouts Menu and look under Home Page Layouts and select Passage you will find the layout you are describing.

Hope this helps.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 3
arthur roraff | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 22 2016 2:36 PM

Mark, thank you for your reply. I clearly remember that prior to my deleting some layouts in the layout dropdown menu (just the ones on the right side of the layout dropdown menu) the 5 window passage layout would automatically appear when I selected "passage guide" from the "guides" menu. This is also what happens in the tutorials I've looked at. They select "passage guide" and the 5 window layout appears. I'm not sure if it matters but i am actually using Verbum. I don't think this should matter because they are the same engines.

Posts 26278
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 22 2016 2:45 PM

I've used Verbum since its inception and never seen the Guides menu open layouts. Can you give a tutorial example? I think we are talking past each other in the sense of using vocabulary differently.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 9079
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 22 2016 2:56 PM

I'm with Martha on this one. Verbum and Logos function the same way. Selecting a guide from the Guides menu never opens additional windows. Never has. It will add a guide to whatever is already on your layout (opening it in one of your existing layout windows). That's all.

If you are on the Home page and type a scripture reference in the Go box and hit Enter you will get the multi window layout (the same one invoked from the Layout Menu that I referred to before). I have seen that demonstrated in Logos videos.

Perhaps we are miscommunicating, using terms in different ways, but the way to get the layout you seem to want is to start from the Home page or to use the Layout Menu to open it.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 3
arthur roraff | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 22 2016 7:16 PM

MJ and Mark, Thanks for your help. You have brought light to my confusion. Even though I THOUGHT it opened 5 windows from the guide I must have opened it through the home page. Thank you for your help. Fr. Arthur

Posts 4915
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 22 2016 9:42 PM

Arthur what you are describing does sound like entering a passage in the go box on the home page.

arthur roraff:

MJ and Mark, Thanks for your help. You have brought light to my confusion. Even though I THOUGHT it opened 5 windows from the guide I must have opened it through the home page. Thank you for your help. Fr. Arthur

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS