IDing Mobile Devices

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3051
Doc B | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Dec 25 2016 6:32 PM

I have x mobile devices showing up on my account. I don't own that many mobile devices...some of them are duplicates, or from a device that was replaced by a similar model. I've only ever owned a single iPad, but there are three on the list (see screenshot).

The question is, how do I identify the specific device so I can remove those I no longer use/own?

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 24484
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 25 2016 6:53 PM

Doc B:

I have x mobile devices showing up on my account. I don't own that many mobile devices...some of them are duplicates, or from a device that was replaced by a similar model. I've only ever owned a single iPad, but there are three on the list (see screenshot).

The question is, how do I identify the specific device so I can remove those I no longer use/own?

Check which one in the list matches the Logos apps installed on your iPad. That should be the one that is in use

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 25 2016 7:36 PM

I hope Doc has the right combination, to not delete the wrong ones.

I have 6 ipads (really just 1). Only one of the 6 ipads shows an app, and not one I'm using.

I could probably delete them all and nothing would happen?

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 3992
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 25 2016 9:07 PM

I've deleted them all (to remove multiples of the same device) and as far as I know, you merely have to sign in again on the device. Your downloaded library, synced notes, etc., are preserved.

Thanks to FL for including Carta and a Hebrew audio bible in Logos 9!

Posts 1075
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 26 2016 5:09 AM

Doc B:

The problem I have encountered is that even when I delete some devices in this list, they reappear. For the moment, I gave up trying to make sense out of it.

Armin

Posts 29195
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 26 2016 5:41 AM

Armin:
The problem I have encountered is that even when I delete some devices in this list, they reappear

I can't speak for any android devices, but on iOS, new "devices" are added when you 1) actually add a new device, 2) when you delete ALL of the FL apps from the device and the subsequently reinstall one or 3) with some updates to iOS (particularly going to a major new release). #3 doesn't always happen, but it does often enough.  

When you go through the list, I would suggest renaming the remaining "devices" to something unique (even if you just add the year... see below). A new "device" is always created generically. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 26 2016 6:41 AM

Well, I don't use the functionality due to the nutty design.  The idea is good, however.

My other software are smart enough to number the additional entries. Apparently Logos  can't tell which reason causes their new entry and just gives up.

And it's not entirely clear (not clear at all) whether the first one is the real one, or the last one. Unless you can match the apps. 

At least my experience, the apps in use has never been accurate. I'd assume Logos can't detect an uninstall (?), but you'd think the server would know active apps where resources are being downloaded (presuming that worked, of course).

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 9555
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 26 2016 7:01 AM

alabama24:
When you go through the list, I would suggest renaming the remaining "devices" to something unique (even if you just add the year... see below). A new "device" is always created generically. 

This is what I do too. I wish that there was an automatic way to update these without this work-a-round.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 825
JRS | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 26 2016 7:41 AM

Doc B:

It's not just a problem for FaithLife/Logos ...

Click on graphic to expand.  A MAC number would be nice.

JRS has left the building.

Posts 1507
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 26 2016 1:42 PM

Perhaps download a unique resource on only one device and see under which device it shows up?

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS