Long Time Customers - Can we get a Credit?

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 21 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2403
David Ames | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 26 2016 6:02 AM

Back in 2003, or so our order summary shows, we paid up to $40 for Bibles that are now being sold for $10.

And possibility that we can get a credit?

One of the HOT topics for Logos Faithlife is if it can sell resources at prices less then the Pre Pub price. 

My thoughts are that if the publisher that FORCED you to sell at a very high Pre Pub price has now relented then offer the resource at the lowest price possible.  

It might be nice if you offered a credit to those that paid the HIGH price.  

[[May have already been received via Dynamic Pricing]] 

Posts 6402
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 26 2016 6:10 AM
I don't think that would be reasonable. You're trying to ask for credit for something that happened 13 years ago back in 2003. Try that with the company that sold you the computer that is selling cheaper now, but was very expensive back in 2003. Is not a reasonable request. You probably don't even have the same computer. Sorry, but Not reasonable. 👎 DAL
Posts 2403
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 26 2016 6:25 AM

DAL:

Sorry, but Not reasonable. 👎 DAL

My major point was that I think that it is OK for Faithlife to sell below Pre Pub Price especially when the Publisher forced the Pre Pub price and is now offering a better sale price.

DAL:

You're trying to ask for credit for something that happened 13 years ago

Those of us that were buying "13 years ago" helped make Logos, now Faithlife, what it is today.    and Yes, I don't have the same computer.

Posts 262
Jonathan Bradley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 26 2016 6:54 AM

I agree with DAL on this, it's not reasonable. Yes, you may have helped Logos become what it is today, however, it's been 13 years. I could see if it's been a few weeks or even months, but over a decade later. 

I also agree with you about the pre-pub price thing, as  I think that it's totally okay to sell stuff for less than pre-pub, especially when it's a publisher's sale. However, that doesn't mean you should get a credit for a purchase made 13 years ago. 

That's my two cents. 

Posts 6402
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 26 2016 7:23 AM

David Ames:

DAL:

My major point was that I think that it is OK for Faithlife to sell below Pre Pub Price especially when the Publisher forced the Pre Pub price and is now offering a better sale price.

DAL:

You're trying to ask for credit for something that happened 13 years ago

Those of us that were buying "13 years ago" helped make Logos, now Faithlife, what it is today.    and Yes, I don't have the same computer.

I jumped in the Logos wagon in 2004 (12 years ago), and I've upgraded since then; but that doesn't mean I should get credit for a resource that was more expensive then and now it's included in base package or is being sold cheaper. But hey, you could personally email Mr. Bob, all he could say is "yes" or "no" -- 

Now, as far as sales lower than prepub, FL has made a good change in their policy, which I think is very reasonable and went beyond people's expectations.

As far  as helping FL be what they are today, in part you are right, but if they had not offered a good product I don't think they would be around either; but since they made an awesome product we, as customers, kept buying. So, the pressure was/is more on them to offer a good product so we can continue to buy and they can continue to stay in business.

Again, check with Mr. Bob, you just might get a freebie or consolation price. 👌

DAL

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 26 2016 9:48 AM

I don't buy this argument. I buy x, y, and z products for a certain price I agreed to pay that price at the time. I don't care nor do I seek any credit on those products just because years later people get it cheaper for much less than what I paid. That's like asking years down the road when my $50,000 degree only costs $10,000 for the same degree. 

Posts 22
T Gerold Castle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 26 2016 11:33 AM

Reading this post brought to memory the parable of the workers in Matthew 20... Me thinks this is the very same principle. You agreed to what you agreed to. 

Just my 'pennies' worth. 

TGC

In His Service,

TGC

Posts 62
Thomas Myers | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 26 2016 12:45 PM

I have been with Logos (Faith Life) since 1995 and I would never even think of asking for a discount because I purchased an item way back in 1995.  Come to think of it would we ask Home Depot or any other company a discount on a item we purchased years ago?  They would look at us as had just smoked something. 

Posts 3185
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 26 2016 2:24 PM

Thomas Myers:

I have been with Logos (Faith Life) since 1995 and I would never even think of asking for a discount because I purchased an item way back in 1995.  Come to think of it would we ask Home Depot or any other company a discount on a item we purchased years ago?  They would look at us as had just smoked something. 

Your a better man than me- I'm not buying anything unless they give me a hilarious discount suck to be them when its my money- sorry thats the way it's is!!!

Posts 2331
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 26 2016 2:31 PM

Although I know I've paid more for some resources because I bought them years ago, I've also benefited from some excellent sales too. 

Posts 297
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 26 2016 3:19 PM
I'd say, as technology advances, and as FL gets more pull in the publishing communities, prices will fall. The prices we paid then were something we were willing to pay. I might wish we get credits (to get more product), but I don't feel them owed to me. Remember, how much people once paid for a 10MB hard drive. http://imgur.com/qHLTk

Retina MacBook Pro, 2013, iPad Mini 4

Platinum: Verbum. Gold: Orthodox. Bronze: Ordinariate. Lutheran. Starter: Anglican, Baptist, Messianic Jewish, Methodist, Pentecostal, Reformed, SDA, Standard

Posts 520
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 26 2016 4:38 PM

Quite a few Logos resources that I own are more expensive now compared to what I paid for them 2, 5, 10 or years ago. I'm glad that Logos isn't asking me now to pay a post-purchase surcharge (the thought is ludicrous). Similarly, I think it is unreasonable to expect Logos to give customers credit now for purchases that those customers were content to make at a previous, higher price. 

Posts 5015
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 26 2016 4:51 PM

Faithlife does not owe us a refund under these circumstances. As very rough calculation for a $40 bible over 13 x 365 days that comes in at $0.00894 cost per day for those who might have purchased a bible for that price back in 2003, and each day that number grows in our favor.

David Ames:

Back in 2003, or so our order summary shows, we paid up to $40 for Bibles that are now being sold for $10.

And possibility that we can get a credit?

One of the HOT topics for Logos Faithlife is if it can sell resources at prices less then the Pre Pub price. 

My thoughts are that if the publisher that FORCED you to sell at a very high Pre Pub price has now relented then offer the resource at the lowest price possible.  

It might be nice if you offered a credit to those that paid the HIGH price.  

Posts 6402
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 26 2016 6:45 PM

David Ames:

Alas! You are correct! I just checked and you DID receive your credit through dynamic pricing 😁😜😂😬😆 and through various Free Books of the Month (some very expensive volumes and the ability to buy an extra one for 99 cents) and a $10 or $20 free dollar coupon every now and then 😉 So...no, no need to ask for a credit! 😀 Ta dah!

Thanks Logos!

DAL

Posts 2403
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 28 2016 3:29 AM

David Ames:

DAL:

My satire is not working.  Sorry, I do not and did not expect a REFUND.  

I just support prices less then The Pre Pub price.  And missed the mark with my thoughts on the subject.  

If Faithlife is offered the chance to sell something for less then a prior price then too bad for those of us that paid the higher price.

[[assuming that Logos changed us the best price that they could when we bought]]

Posts 10177
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 28 2016 1:38 PM

David, look on the bright side ... you have 12 reasons your satire can't be true.  And 11 after you clarified too.  Myself, I waited to see what the next reason could be (presuming the previos 12 didn't quite hit the spot).

Posts 2403
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 28 2016 5:25 PM

Denise:

David, look on the bright side ... you have 12 reasons your satire can't be true.  And 11 after you clarified too.  Myself, I waited to see what the next reason could be (presuming the previos 12 didn't quite hit the spot).

Reason Twelve: To get Denise to comment on one of my posts  Smile

Merry Christmas [a bit late] and Happy New Year [a bit early]  

[[And don't tell Denise but the good wishes are to all that post on Logos forums not just Denise]] 

Posts 37
Noel Bomar | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 28 2016 10:34 PM

SMH,

Since I purchased a Sony VHS VCR in 2003 for $349.00 (price for illustration purposes only) and now in 2016 I purchase a Sony Blueray player for $99.00; Sony should give me a credit in the form of coupons so that I can rebuild my video library with the titles that I had in my VHS tape library with Blueray discs?

Seems rather unreasonable to me.

Just because something no longer costs as much to acquire today due to economies of scale, improvements in manufacturing technology, costs of producing the same product being cheaper, re-cooped R&D costs, and oh renegotiated contract agreements with publishers; does not equate to me gaining an advantage retroactively in the form of remuneration.

Posts 2403
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 28 2016 11:10 PM

I may be wrong, yet again, but I don't think that people are reading the entire thread before posting.  [IMHO]

Posts 10177
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 29 2016 6:40 AM

I think (in addition to your exciting, though accidental discovery that on a reading-software forum, people don't read), you may have been wrong about the 'next' reason your satire was wrong.  But I enjoy your positive attitude! (And the holidays).

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS