J. Vernon McGee - LifeWorks Library

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 23
Robert Stacy | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 29 2016 11:46 AM

I was searching for tutorials for logos 7 and typed in "quick start" in the search panel and found Quick Start for Logos 6. Not 7. Also found 1 other listing under "Manual" titled, "Quick Start Guide: J. Vernon McGee LifeWorks Library" - your one click Bible Study Library. My curiosity was aroused, why is this manual part of my logos library?

I have his "Thru the Bible" commentaries and 18 other volumes under "Monograph," but know LifeWorks.

Any ideas? Also, are the Quick Start Logos 6 tutorials the best way to get acquainted with Logos 7?

Thanks,

Bob

Posts 27688
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 29 2016 12:23 PM

Robert Stacy:
"Quick Start Guide: J. Vernon McGee LifeWorks Library" - your one click Bible Study Library. My curiosity was aroused, why is this manual part of my logos library?

This is a remanent of "the old days" when resources were sold on CD-ROM discs. How did you acquire this resource? 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 23
Robert Stacy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 29 2016 2:31 PM

I honestly don't know. I've been using Logos for 15 years and this is the first time I've seen it.

Posts 5034
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 29 2016 2:55 PM

What you are describing is the 'Lifeworks' Library put out by Thomas Nelson many years ago when third parties published books in Libronix Format. The  term lifeworks was used rather loosely and did not mean you were getting everything ever written by that author. The major component of this particular library was the commentaries.  The following page lists what was included in this library along with some of the others in this series for Version 2.0.

https://seminarian.wordpress.com/2008/03/25/macarthur-mcgee-and-hanegraaff-lifeworks-libraries/ 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS