Can I duplicate a sermon?

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1306
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 6 2017 10:25 AM

I have a sermon prepared from the ESV, but I am preaching for a friend from the NIV. Is there a way to duplicate a sermon? If I can, than I can not switch back and forth...

An even better idea is if we could chose which translation at the top and all the references switch....that would be cool!

Posts 144
LogosEmployee
Christian Villapando | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 6 2017 10:36 AM

Hello Mike,

Thank you very much for your post, this article may be able to answer your question!

If you have any further questions feel free to ask!

https://www.logos.com/training/logos5/sermon-starter 

Posts 1306
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 6 2017 10:55 AM

Christian Villapando:

Hello Mike,

Thank you very much for your post, this article may be able to answer your question!

If you have any further questions feel free to ask!

https://www.logos.com/training/logos5/sermon-starter 

Hi Christian.....I am not sure I explained myself properly. Let me try again. I have prepared a sermon in the "Sermon Editor" months ago. I used the ESV, I would like to preach it again in the NIV but don't want to switch it to NIV than back to ESV again. 

If I could make a duplicate of the sermon I could switch one to NIV and still have the one based on the ESV. 

I tried right clicking on the sermon in documents but there is no duplicate option......

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 6 2017 11:04 AM

I don't think there's any duplicate feature.  But you can easily create a new Sermon document, then go to the existing sermon, click in the content area and select all (Ctrl+A or Cmd+A) and copy it, then paste it into the new document.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 5322
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 6 2017 12:09 PM

Todd Phillips:

I don't think there's any duplicate feature.  But you can easily create a new Sermon document, then go to the existing sermon, click in the content area and select all (Ctrl+A or Cmd+A) and copy it, then paste it into the new document.

Todd i don't have need for Sermon Editor so can't try this myself as I haven't created a sermon document, but as I understand the output of Sermon Editor is a Sermon Document, so should not one be able to go to https://documents.logos.com/   and make a copy of the document from the actions button as an alternative approach ? 

But as I said since I don't have use for it, and have never created a sermon document maybe I am wrong but thought it worth exploring as a potential solution.

Posts 570
Schumitinu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 8 2017 8:30 AM

Mike Tourangeau:
If I could make a duplicate of the sermon I could switch one to NIV and still have the one based on the ESV. 

How do you switch translation in an existing sermon document, if I may ask?

Posts 1306
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 9 2017 10:23 AM

Disciple of Christ (doc):
Todd i don't have need for Sermon Editor so can't try this myself as I haven't created a sermon document, but as I understand the output of Sermon Editor is a Sermon Document, so should not one be able to go to https://documents.logos.com/   and make a copy of the document from the actions button as an alternative approach ? 

That's exactly what I did and it worked....Thanks!

Posts 1306
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 9 2017 10:23 AM

Schumitinu:

Mike Tourangeau:

How do you switch translation in an existing sermon document, if I may ask?

The only way I know is to change your preferred bible and enter the references again. 

Posts 29410
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 9 2017 4:24 PM

Mike Tourangeau:
The only way I know is to change your preferred bible and enter the references again. 

This is worth suggesting as a function - I can see it used in different ages groups and multilingual congregations - and its something the design staff may not notice the usefulness of.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 23033
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 9 2017 8:50 PM

Switching translations is possible - on a "per Bible slide" basis in 7.4 beta 2.

You get a "translation picker" and can use the version of your choice

Posts 2
Matthew L Ellis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 15 2019 10:48 AM

Mike Tourangeau:

Disciple of Christ (doc):

That's exactly what I did and it worked....Thanks!

You have just saved me soooo much time.  THANK YOU!  I still don't understand why Logos hasn't built this into their basic program, it seems like it should be a standard issue as it would be VERY helpful for those who like to start with a similar sermon structure.  Thanks! 

Posts 2
Mike Thorburn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 31 2020 12:34 PM

I've been wanting to do this for some time. You can't do it from within the logos app. I clicked on the link and was able to duplicate it in the browser and then open it in the app. 

Fantastic! Thank you!

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS