Gordon Fee: God’s Empowering Presence: The Holy Spirit in the Letters of Paul

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 17
Daniel | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 7 2017 12:59 AM

Hi folks,

I'm interested in purchasing this volume, but would like to know whether it sits in Logos as a commentary, monograph or something else. It's so passage based, I would like to think it will come up in the commentaries section of the Passage Guide.

Many thanks,

Dan

Posts 11351
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 7 2017 2:10 AM

Dan:
would like to know whether it sits in Logos as a commentary, monograph or something else.

It's type monograph, and even though a large portion of it is a verse-by-verse analysis of NT passages, it has no bible index but only page.

Dan:
I would like to think it will come up in the commentaries section of the Passage Guide.

No - but you could put it into a collection of non-versified commentaries that you have come up in the collections section.

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 17
Daniel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 7 2017 3:01 AM

Oh, that's a shame! Thank you for your comments - most helpful.

Posts 450
Stephen McCracken | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 7 2017 6:29 AM

Dan:
Oh, that's a shame!

Dan, just in case you didn't get NB.Mick's reply, it does work.

Create a Collection, for example mine is Author Collection using this in the Start with box -

Type:monograph AND Author:"R C. Sproul", "Don Carson", "N. T. Wright", "John Piper", "Neil Anderson", "Randy Alcorn", Anyabwile, "Alistair Begg", Blackaby, "Ken Boa", Boice, Bridges, Bright, Brown, Card, Driscoll, Fee, Goldsworthy, Lucado, Storms, Strobel, Sweet, Tchividjian, Tozer, Tripp, Viola, Yancey -Author:"Archibald Alexander" -tag:perseus

Edit the string as you wish.

Then Open you Passage Guide as I have done at Galatians 3.5.

Click the Add button and add collection. Then on the Setting tab select the collection you have created.

As you see Fee's book "God's Empowering Presence" is listed under Collections.

(You can also create you own Passage Guide template for what you want to appear all the time)

Posts 450
Stephen McCracken | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 7 2017 6:39 AM

You can then search the whole collection and expand all the hits in each book listed.

Posts 17
Daniel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 7 2017 8:39 AM

Stephen - that's really useful. I've given it a go with some success. Now to choose my favourite authors! Many thanks.

Posts 11351
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 7 2017 9:20 AM

StephenMcC:

Dan:
Oh, that's a shame!

Dan, just in case you didn't get NB.Mick's reply, it does work.

Thanks Dan for taking this up and showing in detail with screenshots - great work (MJ should take it up in the Tips of the Week)!

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS