How can I view all the highlights from a specific book?

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 23
Robin Porter | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 10 2017 9:26 AM

I am doing a lot of reading for my seminary classes. I am highlighting things as I go along. Is there any way that I can see all of my highlights together without having to scroll through the book or perform a specific search?

Posts 21742
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 10 2017 10:17 AM

Try looking at the Quotes view in the Notes document you are using for highlights. 

Im not at my computer so can't show screenshots but please post back if that doesn't make sense 

Posts 23
Robin Porter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 10 2017 11:36 AM

Ok... so I found the highlights in the "Highlights" Note. Somehow there have been multiple "Highlights" Notes that have been created (e.g. Highlights (2), Highlights (3)). Each of the Notes pages have been automatically generated.

Is there any way to re-assign notes from one Note to another? Can I create a book specific Note using the highlights I have already done. I really want to avoid going through and re-highlighting things.

Thanks for your help!

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 10 2017 12:51 PM

Robin Porter:
Is there any way to re-assign notes from one Note to another?

Drag a note from one Note file to another.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 27451
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 10 2017 2:42 PM

Robin Porter:

Is there any way to re-assign notes from one Note to another? Can I create a book specific Note using the highlights I have already done. I really want to avoid going through and re-highlighting things.

No way to undo what has been done... as KS4J mentioned, drag & drop. Moving forward, however, you should change the behavior on both desktop & mobile to use "resource specific" note documents. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 23
Robin Porter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 12 2017 11:02 AM

Thank you, everyone, for your help. I have been able to gain an understanding of how everything works now. It seems a bit cumbersome to have to manually assign where you want your highlights to go, but I guess in the long run there is more control.

I was hoping that the highlight system would function more along the lines of how Kindle functions. Whenever I highlight in a Kindle book I can just open that book and view all the highlights and notes from within that book within a matter of one or two clicks.

Posts 3173
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 12 2017 11:21 AM

Robin Porter:

I was hoping that the highlight system would function more along the lines of how Kindle functions. Whenever I highlight in a Kindle book I can just open that book and view all the highlights and notes from within that book within a matter of one or two clicks.

You could make a (uservoice or forum) suggestion to add that functionality.

Posts 1806
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 14 2017 6:25 PM

See a few other methods of finding your highlights here.

BTW, we're planning some significant improvements to notes and highlights that will eliminate most if not all of the document management work, and make it much easier to find highlights.

Posts 27451
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 14 2017 7:01 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
BTW, we're planning some significant improvements to notes and highlights that will eliminate most if not all of the document management work, and make it much easier to find highlights.

Don't toy with us Phil. Wink Stick out tongue

Posts 924
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 14 2017 7:18 PM

Ooooo ....

Posts 6
Weiqing Lin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 16 2017 1:29 PM

Please do that. The note-taking system is super important to me too. I have logos 5 now, but if the note-taking improves, I would like to update it. 

Posts 27451
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 16 2017 2:22 PM
Weiqing Lin:

Please do that. The note-taking system is super important to me too. I have logos 5 now, but if the note-taking improves, I would like to update it. 

For clarification: the software is free. You should be using the current L6 engine. The L7 engine should be available next month

Posts 24738
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 17 2017 12:56 PM

Robin Porter:
Whenever I highlight in a Kindle book I can just open that book and view all the highlights and notes from within that book within a matter of one or two clicks

• open the resource
  • click the Inline Search icon
  • paste {Highlight *} in the box
  • click to search

(I know you did not want a search, but this shows what is possible).

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 407
Leo Wee Fah | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 17 2017 9:58 PM

Yes

Posts 26150
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 19 2017 7:50 PM

Note you can choose annotations which includes highlights as the unit between arrow clicks.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS