Full ISV OT/NT w DSS appr. expected this summer 2010

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1150
Anthony H | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 15 2010 2:25 PM

Those who may be interested.

From ISV web site isv.org

We anticipate release of our completed base text of the book of Isaiah, the final remaining book of the Holy Bible: International Standard Version, around 1 January 2010. We estimate that our completed ISV Bible will be ready for publication around 15 February 2010 and that our Dead Sea Scrolls textual apparatus for the ISV Old Testament will be complete and ready for release by late Summer 2010, at which time we will release a final edition of the ISV, recasting the version number of the release to v.3.00.

I would really like to see this as a L4 resource. They already work in digital format so my hope is that a conversion to L4 would be "low overhead". I'd bid high for it myself, even prepay full price now.

Yes

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 16 2010 6:47 AM

I'm strongly anticipating the completion of the ISV OT and the availability in Logos as well...but unfortunately, you are using outdated estimates.  They are still working on Isaiah and currently hope to have it finished by late-April.  That means they are currently running about 4 months behind the schedule you posted.

Posts 1150
Anthony H | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 16 2010 8:27 AM

Ronald S Keyston Jr:

I'm strongly anticipating the completion of the ISV OT and the availability in Logos as well...but unfortunately, you are using outdated estimates.  They are still working on Isaiah and currently hope to have it finished by late-April.  That means they are currently running about 4 months behind the schedule you posted.

Sad Disappointed But Thanks for the update.Yes

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 16 2010 2:59 PM

Anthony Hamlin:

No problem.  You can always find the latest status update at www.isv.org

You can also download the current revision of the ISV (including the OT and up-to-the-day progress on Isaiah [currently through chapter 38 or so]) on the download page there.  It is available in Microsoft Word format.  Don't download the PDF version...that is only the NT and Psalms/Proverbs.

I've been loosely following the ISV progress for several years now.  I'm excited that we can now see the light at the end of the tunnel.

If you download the current revision and help hunt for typos you might be able to help speed up the process.

Posts 1150
Anthony H | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 16 2010 6:52 PM

Ronald S Keyston Jr:

Anthony Hamlin:

No problem.  You can always find the latest status update at www.isv.org

You can also download the current revision of the ISV (including the OT and up-to-the-day progress on Isaiah [currently through chapter 38 or so]) on the download page there.  It is available in Microsoft Word format.  Don't download the PDF version...that is only the NT and Psalms/Proverbs.

I've been loosely following the ISV progress for several years now.  I'm excited that we can now see the light at the end of the tunnel.

If you download the current revision and help hunt for typos you might be able to help speed up the process.

I'll download the Ms Doc today.  Geeked

Blessings brother!!

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 16 2010 9:41 PM

Anthony Hamlin:

I'll download the Ms Doc today.  Geeked

Blessings brother!!

Blessings to you too Smile

Happy hunting!  There is a link on their website to report any typos you find.  They are usually very prompt in replying and letting you know when they get your reported typo fixed.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS