Can I merge notes?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 102
Donn Heinrich | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 18 2017 8:19 AM
Is there a simple way to merge notes? I would prefer to have fewer documents for highlights, note, etc. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Posts 29935
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 18 2017 9:57 AM

Donn Heinrich:
Is there a simple way to merge notes?

Sorry, no. 

Donn Heinrich:
I would prefer to have fewer documents for highlights, note, etc. Any suggestions?

FYI - Larger note documents can be detrimental to mobile performance, if that is something you do. My recommendation is to use "resource specific" note documents. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 33863
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 19 2017 7:28 PM

alabama24:
My recommendation is to use "resource specific" note documents. 

However, this is not my recommendation - I find note documents by project to be more useful. alabama's recommendation appears to be the more frequent preference but you do need to think it through and make an appropriate choice.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 29935
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 19 2017 8:12 PM

MJ. Smith:
However, this is not my recommendation - I find note documents by project to be more useful.

Actually... My 1a is notes by resource. My 1b is notes by project. Smile

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 521
Russ White | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 20 2017 6:33 AM

The simplest way -- don't use Logos for notes at all. Instead, use OneNote, Evernote, or the like. The notes in Logos are designed to be limited, and should remain limited, IMHO, to something like "making notes in the margin of your Bible." I know Faithlife has done very little to make Logos work better with "other" note taking packages, but... 

If you want a serious notes taking tool, use one. Logos isn't such a tool.

Russ

Posts 33863
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 20 2017 1:51 PM

Russ White:
don't use Logos for notes at all. Instead, use OneNote, Evernote, or the like.

Again, this does not work for me because the searching and linking are critical to me. But again Russ represents the opinion of a number of people

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS