Free weekend timer not correct

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 362
Bernhard | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 19 2017 3:55 PM

Hi,

Seems like the timer on Faithlife TV was confused by my computer's time zone (GMT +8). Last night it was showing me 7 hours to the start of the free preview weekend. Told my wife to start watching this morning ;-) Now it already shows me the time until the end of the preview weekend as if it has already started, but I can't actually access the videos. Now, after changing the time zone of my computer to Pacific time, it shows me that there are still 13 hours to go to the start... Faithlife might want to make sure that the timer shows the accurate time (PT, I guess?) as otherwise in a few hours Europeans and US coast folk will also expect the trial to start early...

To recreate the problem on your computer, just change the time zone of your computer to one that is ahead of PT (13 hours or more at present) and refresh the page.

Bernhard

Posts 362
Bernhard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 19 2017 7:49 PM

Actually, assuming that the start time is 9 pm Pacific Time as anounced, the timer is only correct if I set my computer's time zone to GMT/UTC. If I set it to any other time zone, the correct time left will show up for a brief second, before it changes to the wrong amount of time left (or even showing the trial already running and showing the remaining days).

Posts 89
LogosEmployee
Jeff Huff (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 19 2017 8:25 PM

I tried changing my time zone to EST and GMT and could not reproduce it in Chrome, Firefox, Safari on Mac in MST.  Not sure I it would require restarting the machine.

I made a change that I think will resolve what you are seeing but can you try again and see if it is correct now?

Posts 362
Bernhard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 19 2017 8:29 PM

Yes, it's correct now. Thanks!

Posts 89
LogosEmployee
Jeff Huff (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 19 2017 8:30 PM

Great! Thank you for reporting it.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS