Different desktop/progress on different computers?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2
PreacherTech | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 9 2017 10:07 AM

I have 2 different computers on which I want to use Logos7. I use them for different kinds of studies and would like for them to each remember the progress and the desktop settings etc. that was on that particular machine when I last left. I do not want them to stay in sync with each other because it takes too long to get back to where I want to be? I am a newbie, so be patient! But....is there a way to do this? 

Posts 27767
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 9 2017 10:29 AM

First, welcome! Smile

Kent Bloomquist:
But....is there a way to do this?

Short answer: no. The only way to do this is to have one computer disconnected from the internet. 

I don't have time to start my rant, but I believe FL should create user "projects" for just the reason you have laid out. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 9 2017 4:36 PM

PreacherTech:
I have 2 different computers on which I want to use Logos7. I use them for different kinds of studies and would like for them to each remember the progress and the desktop settings etc. that was on that particular machine when I last left.

Welcome Big Smile

Different layouts can be used on different computers.

Personally have Logos 7.4 installed on three computers, which are used with different layouts.

PreacherTech:
I do not want them to stay in sync with each other because it takes too long to get back to where I want to be?

Working offline queues items to sync (while being more responsive).

Layouts can be saved when working offline, which enables focus on one of your computers to be changed as you desire. Since my computers have different screen sizes, personally prefix saved layout name with screen size.

Sync allows visual filter modifications in one computer to appear on the others. Updating offline software and library has more steps.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 25030
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 10 2017 1:18 PM

PreacherTech:
I use them for different kinds of studies and would like for them to each remember the progress and the desktop settings etc. that was on that particular machine when I last left.

The secret is to use different layouts as described above. But you should let Logos automatically save the layout when exiting and load it when restarting via Program Settings >> At Startup open to >> Most recent layout - Local. For safety, though, manually save the layout in case Logos crashes or the computer loses power!

Most recent layout - Any allows you to exit one computer (at home) and resume the work on another (whilst travelling).

If you choose a specific layout to open, Logos will use the one that you saved last - which means you have to manually save it before exiting Logos.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 2
PreacherTech | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 10 2017 1:51 PM

Thank you all for your quick replies! I will experiment a bit and find from your suggestions what works best for me.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS