No NEW Journals - why not?

Page 2 of 32 (627 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 626 Replies | 20 Followers

Posts 4803
doc | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 13 2017 11:47 AM

Hans I am being honest, there is nothing unchristian about that. I am sorry your brand of Christianity can't handle honesty but fact is FL have made a mess of the availabily of journals to its customers. FL came out and said they could do it better, they made the bold promises of Journal updates every six months, and then later started backing out of those promises when they admitted they didn't have the relationships in place with all of the journal partners that Galaxie previously had, hence why some journals disappeared. And they have up until this post been silent about journals for a long time up until this thread was raised.

So Hans if it makes you feel good to judge someone just make sure you are informed before doing so. This is a customer forum and if this business is letting down its customers they and you should expect to see comments about that fact. 

Hans K:

Disciple of Christ (doc):

FL thought they could do it better than Galaxie, they thought they could take over the relationships Galaxie had built up - they got it very wrong.

[

Why this negative comment? Are you so informed that YOU know what is going on in this matter?

Please write according to the Christian standards you proclaim to have. Sorry, I just had to write this.

Hans

Posts 9454
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 13 2017 12:49 PM

It certainly looks like a branding issue. To complain (with imperfect info) or not.  Reminds me of Paull's sinking-boat sailors.  Should the leakiness merit comment?

Unfortunately, I turned to my $30K Cadallac to answer the question, how the Bible instructs customers. There's quite a number of choices for businesses ( <person> = business or greedy rich guy ). And includes OT, Aprocrypha, and NT. But I drew a complete zero on customers.  

I await correction.

Posts 937
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 14 2017 11:25 AM

Its no secret, Galaxie who used to be a third party for Logos still has their own subscription models.

Posts 639
Kevin A Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 22 2017 10:30 AM

Strange - this has languished for so long.

It would be nice if we could start to get regular updates of those journals we DO have already in Logos.

Personally I believe this would build product awareness - and customer loyalty. This could then be extended as more journal arrangements are arrived at.

I know it's not the same as in many other disciplines - but a regular and "timely" supply of the latest in biblical and theological research and study is a very high priority for the serious student. Are we really facing that idea that there aren't enough serious students to warrant this investment?

Shalom

Posts 2560
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 22 2017 10:42 AM

So Hans if it makes you feel good to judge someone just make sure you are informed before doing so. This is a customer forum and if this business is letting down its customers they and you should expect to see comments about that fact. 

Hans K:

FL thought they could do it better than Galaxie, they thought they could take over the relationships Galaxie had built up - they got it very wrong.

[

Why this negative comment? Are you so informed that YOU know what is going on in this matter?

Please write according to the Christian standards you proclaim to have. Sorry, I just had to write this.

Hans

As has been explained before on the forums more than once, the principal problem with the journals provided by Galaxie wasn't anything that people are complaining about in this thread. Rather, it was the actual quality of the final product. That's what ultimately caused FL (formerly Logos) to go it alone.

Posts 4803
doc | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 22 2017 11:24 AM

SineNomine:

Hans K:

[

Hans

As has been explained before on the forums more than once, the principal problem with the journals provided by Galaxie wasn't anything that people are complaining about in this thread. Rather, it was the actual quality of the final product. That's what ultimately caused FL (formerly Logos) to go it alone.

I don't see anyone on this thread saying that the principal problem for which FL provided as their justification for taking over doing journals was anything but quality of the final product.  It's what I raised - Faithlife thought they could do it better, and they haven't. 

And that is the new principal problem with journals and  the topic of this thread - where are the journals that were promised.

What people are rightly complaining about in this thread is now new content that was promised by FL to occur every six months. And the only real comment from FL is "we're actively working to get licenses for many of the journals"

FL do a lot of good stuff, at times, they are generous and a lot of superb people work behind the scenes long hours to bring us valuable resources and software with which to study those resources and the scriptures in particular - by raising our concerns about this particular issue we ar e not deny any of that - but as a company they need, and should value, getting feedback on where they are getting it wrong. 

Posts 937
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 22 2017 1:37 PM

I agree with DOC above.  This is as clear of a broken promise to me as anything ever has been in Logos.  I thought it was bad form to begin with and now there is simply nothing.  Furthermore, when we who want journals attempt to hold Logos accountable in this forum, there is no response from them and then apologists for Logos begin.  Neither of those responses are helpful.

Simply put, a running updated thread from Logos on this issue would be most helpful. 

Posts 828
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 22 2017 6:25 PM

Everett Headley:

I agree with DOC above.  This is as clear of a broken promise to me as anything ever has been in Logos.  I thought it was bad form to begin with and now there is simply nothing.  Furthermore, when we who want journals attempt to hold Logos accountable in this forum, there is no response from them and then apologists for Logos begin.  Neither of those responses are helpful.

Simply put, a running updated thread from Logos on this issue would be most helpful. 

Quick update:

We're actively working to get the Master Journal Bundle back up and sellable. I'd love for that to be up by the end of the week. I'll keep you up to date if things change.

Regarding new journals: I want to make it clear that you're right to point out that we made a commitment to provide journal updates regularly and that we've failed to do that. I believe that we can keep that commitment going forward and I'm trying to do all I can to ensure that we do. However, it's going to take a bit of time to catch up. As soon as I have more news to share, I'll post it here. Thanks for your patience.

Manager, Bible Study Products Department

Posts 298
Jerry Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 22 2017 6:43 PM

Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife):
We're actively working to get the Master Journal Bundle back up and sellable. I'd love for that to be up by the end of the week. I'll keep you up to date if things change.

Thank you for this update! As with others, journals are a key to research and writing. Everything your doing is much appreciated.

Posts 256
Vincent Chia | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 22 2017 11:01 PM

Thanks Ben for the update. Very pleased that FL is working towards this goal :)

Director

Elyon Family Clinic & Surgery Pte Ltd

Singapore

Posts 4803
doc | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 22 2017 11:39 PM

Thank you Ben for acknowledging our concerns are legitimate. We want FL to succeed in this and everything they do, which is why we are keeping you honest.

Everett Headley:

Quick update:

Regarding new journals: I want to make it clear that you're right to point out that we made a commitment to provide journal updates regularly and that we've failed to do that. I believe that we can keep that commitment going forward and I'm trying to do all I can to ensure that we do. However, it's going to take a bit of time to catch up. As soon as I have more news to share, I'll post it here. Thanks for your patience.

Posts 937
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 23 2017 9:41 AM

Thank you Ben for acknowledging our concerns are legitimate. We want FL to succeed in this and everything they do, which is why we are keeping you honest.

Everett Headley:

Quick update:

Whole heartedly agree.

Posts 828
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 24 2017 5:08 PM

We're still hoping to get the MJB 2.1 back up today. If we run out of time today we'll get it up Monday.

Thanks!

Posts 4803
doc | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 24 2017 6:31 PM

Make it so! That will be a positive step forward Ben.

We're still hoping to get the MJB 2.1 back up today. If we run out of time today we'll get it up Monday.

Thanks!

Posts 828
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 28 2017 5:56 PM

Thanks!

We ran into a few unforeseen issues when getting ready to re-post this product. I'm really really hoping we can get it up tomorrow. 

Posts 56
Fred Robbins | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 1 2017 4:21 PM

When they come back, I am afraid the cost will be high. FL's downfall will be their high prices. I can't afford them now. I cannot recommend FL because of their cost. The average family cannot afford them but FL's target is not the average family. 

Posts 937
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 2 2017 7:20 AM

Three self-imposed deadlines have come and gone. 

Posts 828
LogosEmployee

Everett Headley:

Yeah ... 

I'll stop making any projections and just say that we are working on it. It hasn't fallen off the radar. I will post here when it is back up.

Posts 4803
doc | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 2 2017 11:19 AM

Everett Headley:

Yeah ... 

I'll stop making any projections and just say that we are working on it. It hasn't fallen off the radar. I will post here when it is back up.

Ben we appreciate your sincerity in wanting to do the right thing, and your honesty just now in saying  you are not going to be able to get done what you said  you were going to do but this is why customers are losing Faith in this business..we here too much  xyz has fallen of the radar or project abc is on hold because personality lmn has left the business.  

Posts 82
John | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 2 2017 12:03 PM

But FL does a lot of things right in my opinion. And has really blessed me with their products.

Page 2 of 32 (627 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS