Unable to enter passages via ENTER key

Page 1 of 2 (31 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 30 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 206
Jackie Watts | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Mar 17 2010 9:40 AM

When trying to enter a passage in a Bible (in a 3 column view) hitting the ENTER key nothing happens. Instead I have to mouse over and click on it. Other layouts (2 column view) allow the ENTER key to function correctly. Anybody else had this problem?

Posts 28
Pastor Lloy B. Stevens | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 25 2010 7:34 AM

I have found that after you enter the  passage, press the space bar then enter...a kludge but it works....Lloy

Posts 302
John Graves | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 25 2010 8:49 AM

I have had the same problem

Posts 521
Russ White | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 12 2010 12:29 PM

I do, as well... And putting a space after it doesn't help. :-( I have this problem throughout, I think, in fact. If I type in "synch now," and hit enter, nothing happens. I always have to select the verse from the popup list using the mouse to switch to anyplace else...

Any ideas on this? Is it a bug that needs to be filed? How would I capture anything useful to the folks at Logos about this problem, so it can be solved?

Posts 3157
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 12 2010 2:25 PM

When I open the NASB 1995, and type in a citation (with correct spelling) and hit enter it goes to that location (provided the citation exists). No spaces required. For those of you who are experiencing this can I confirm which version of the Alpha you have and what citations this action does not work for?

Posts 3157
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 12 2010 2:48 PM

Perhaps this image will help. If you type in the citation (precisely) and allow the "command parser" to finish, you will see the citation in the box below it and hit enter to get to the desired location. No need to click it with your mouse or anything like that, and I've reported the inability to select items in drop down boxes with the arrow keys already.

Posts 521
Russ White | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 12 2010 4:02 PM

I get the same sort of drop down, but when I hit the "enter" key, it just doesn't do anything at all. I have to actually pull the mouse pointer over to the drop down and click on the reference. In fact, I can type the entire reference in--John 1:1--and it pops up in the drop down box, but hitting the enter key does nothing at all.

This is a larger problem, I think, though, because the enter key doesn't apparently do anything on my machine, either here, or in selecting a resource, or in executing a command.

Posts 521
Russ White | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 12 2010 5:13 PM

The "button" circled in red is the one I normally use on the PC to execute a command. This little arrow appears to be missing entirely on the OS/X version... If that were there, I could click that instead of pressing the enter key, but it's not there, so...

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 12 2010 8:22 PM

Tommy Ball:

Perhaps this image will help. If you type in the citation (precisely) and allow the "command parser" to finish, you will see the citation in the box below it and hit enter to get to the desired location. No need to click it with your mouse or anything like that, and I've reported the inability to select items in drop down boxes with the arrow keys already.

With enter and return sharing key, need to mouse click reference - did try fn + return (alas not work):

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 117
C Devin Chaulk | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 13 2010 6:27 AM

I experience this problem as well. It's annoying.

Posts 102
Jac Colon | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 13 2010 8:18 AM

same problem for me too!

I have entered this before but it does not seem to be a priority for them.

hopefully soon.

jac

Jac Colón
Speaker, Director, Revelation Now

"They follow the Lamb wherever He goes (Rev 14:4)."

MacPro, 8 core, 2.26 GHz, 16gig

Posts 3157
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 13 2010 4:14 PM

Everyone:

Can you all provide logs of your attempt to navigate to a verse through typing the citation in the navigation bar and hitting enter? Be sure to wait for the verse to come up in the drop-down box prior to hitting enter.

Posts 102
Jac Colon | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 13 2010 7:22 PM

Here is the log with my problem using the text window to navigate.

thanks

jac

5722.Archive.zip

Jac Colón

Posts 17
Michael J Klassen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 14 2010 4:06 AM

I've noticed that when I restart the program, it allows me to take advantage of the "enter" key...for awhile. But switching layouts prevents the "enter" function from working.

Posts 28
Pastor Lloy B. Stevens | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 14 2010 4:34 AM

Yesterday did not work, today it is working, tomorrow?

Posts 3157
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 14 2010 11:54 AM

MIchael:

Switching to any layout or a specific one? If it is a specific one would you mind trying to recreate it and try it with the newly created one and if not just have that be the new layout? If it seems like the answer is "any" than could you try to make another random layout for test purposes and see if it is doing it there too. Or is it perhaps when you switch from one layout to another, but it works with the original layout you up to?

I'm just trying to see if we can narrow down when exactly the failure of the enter stroke to move to the citation fails.  

Posts 521
Russ White | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 19 2010 11:11 AM

Attached. Hope it helps...

:-)

Russ

1256.Console Messages.log.zip

Posts 3157
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 19 2010 12:31 PM

Russ:

Is this still a problem for you? And if so are you on A18 yet?

Posts 521
Russ White | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 19 2010 12:43 PM

Yes, and yes... It updated this morning, and it's still doing the same thing.

:-)

Russ

Posts 102
Jac Colon | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 19 2010 8:43 AM

"When trying to enter a passage in a Bible hitting the ENTER key nothing happens. Instead I have to mouse over and click on it."

This problem has been ongoing since A14.  I keep thinking that each new release will fix it but so far no luck.  It is very anoying and frustrating, especially since sometimes it works, other times it wont work.  Mostly for me it does not work.  It does not seem to matter which volumes are opened, which layout I use.

For a while it seemed the Logos team was working on it but it has been some time since I have seen anything posted about it.  I hope that someone at logos will consider this a significant problem to tackle.   Is anyone else still having the same problem?

jac

Jac Colón

Page 1 of 2 (31 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS