Losing position in resource

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 22208
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 13 2017 4:03 AM

I have the "Dictionary of the Old Testament: Wisdom, Poetry & Writings" open as shown below

when I click on another resource in the panel and then go back to the dictionary the ToC has been updated although the position in the resource stays unchanged

This is with Logos 7.4 on Windows 10.

Can anyone else reproduce this?

Thanks, Graham 

Posts 2354
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 13 2017 7:16 AM

Graham,

You don't have the resource linked to any other resource. And it doesn't appear that you have selected a new entry in the W's of DOT:WPW. What behavior are you expecting? I'm confused.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 22208
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 13 2017 7:18 AM

Beloved:
You don't have the resource linked to any other resource

That is correct

Beloved:
And it doesn't appear that you have selected a new entry in the W's of DOT:WPW

That's right

Beloved:
What behavior are you expecting?

I'm expecting the DOT ToC position to stay the same when I click to another resource and then click back

Beloved:
I'm confused.

Sorry about that. Is that a little clearer?

Posts 2354
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 13 2017 7:25 AM

Yes, crystal. 

If I have Factbook open and select Wisdom as an entry and it populates my position in DOT does not change as expected. So, no I can't reproduce what your seeing. I'm on the same platform your running.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 22208
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 13 2017 7:56 AM

Beloved:
If I have Factbook open and select Wisdom as an entry and it populates my position in DOT does not change as expected. So, no I can't reproduce what your seeing.

Thanks, Beloved, for checking it out.

InterestingSmile

Posts 2354
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 13 2017 8:03 AM

Graham Criddle:
InterestingSmile

Dumb question. Are you perhaps on beta?

Posts 22208
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 13 2017 8:19 AM

Beloved:
Dumb question. Are you perhaps on beta?

Great question.

I am on the beta channel but there isn't any beta release at the moment so both stable and beta channel users are running the same release.

Posts 10445
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 13 2017 8:45 AM

Just info, I'm 1 version back from you, and everything stable (clicking, moving, jumping in one panel doesn't impact the TOCs of others).

I notice on your capture, the 'new' location isn't highlighted? If so, then the scroll bar ID is at issue?

Posts 22208
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 13 2017 8:54 AM

Denise:
Just info, I'm 1 version back from you, and everything stable (clicking, moving, jumping in one panel doesn't impact the TOCs of others).

Thanks Denise

Denise:
I notice on your capture, the 'new' location isn't highlighted?

That's right

And the issue only appears when moving between tabs in the same tile.

Moving from the visible panel to a hidden one and back again triggers the change in ToC placement.

Denise:
If so, then the scroll bar ID is at issue?

Not sure what you mean by this?

Posts 10445
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 13 2017 11:16 AM

On your last query, I was just surmising. Typically object-oriented, with the scroll bar successively attached to the resource and then panel. So, a loose arg would generate that behavior. All guessing of course. You're more up on this.  It's odd.

Posts 22208
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 13 2017 2:30 PM

Denise:
Typically object-oriented, with the scroll bar successively attached to the resource and then panel. So, a loose arg would generate that behavior. All guessing of course.

I see what you mean - thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS