Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1123
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 13 2017 1:11 PM

I spoke with Kyle G today and he told me the below.  I just want to call him out here and say Thank You Kyle for helping us with these Vyrso issues... I (and I'm sure others) really, really do appreciate it.

"You might be interested in knowing we've done an analysis on Vyrso titles that have less toc-entries than we'd expect.  We're running a mass re-conversion on Monday that will update about 4000 titles."

Posts 1234
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 13 2017 1:26 PM

Thank you Kyle G. Anderson

Posts 557
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 13 2017 1:29 PM

Yes, thank you!

Posts 1283
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 13 2017 1:54 PM

Mattillo:
"You might be interested in knowing we've done an analysis on Vyrso titles that have less toc-entries than we'd expect.  We're running a mass re-conversion on Monday that will update about 4000 titles."

YesYes

Posts 1379
Gao Lu | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 13 2017 3:00 PM

Good news!  

Posts 480
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 13 2017 3:03 PM

Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad I could help and thank you for bringing them to my attention.

Posts 151
Leo Wee Fah | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 13 2017 4:29 PM

+ Yes

Posts 45
WR82 | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 13 2017 4:46 PM

Thank you Kyle. The TOC are important for making books in the faithlife ecosystem easy to use. Are there also plans to update the growing catalog of noet ebooks?

I am thinking of Berger's Social Construction of Reality as an example of a good book that has a hyperlinked table of contents in the front-matter, but no "left window" table of contents that would allow this feature to be accessed from anywhere in the book.

WR82

Posts 7489
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 13 2017 5:28 PM

Mattillo:

Great news. Thanks for sharing.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 197
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 13 2017 10:50 PM

Mattillo:

I spoke with Kyle G today and he told me the below.  I just want to call him out here and say Thank You Kyle for helping us with these Vyrso issues... I (and I'm sure others) really, really do appreciate it.

Excellent effort ! 

Posts 3577
Disciple of Christ (doc) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 13 2017 11:55 PM

Thank you Kyle and thanks Matillo for the update.

Mattillo:

Posts 18074
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 14 2017 1:08 AM

Mattillo:

I certainly hope the Encyclopedia of Christian Education and the Encyclopedia of Christianity in the United States are among those that they are going to do better TOCs for. This is absolutely useless as a TOC for an Encyclopedia. At $350 and $480, respectively, I would expect them to have decent TOCs.

Here, by contrast is the TOC of the ISBE, a Logos edition book which costs a mere $129.99. Now that's what an Encyclopedia TOC should look like.

I get it that Vyrso books are not manually processed. But if that's the case, then these two should not cost so much. This is way more than most Logos edition encyclopedias cost.

I confess that I wouldn't normally pay that much for a single volume digital book no matter how good I thought it might be (these two are $60 and $90 LESS on Kindle, respectively, BTW). But in addition to being a reference book addict, I'm secretly hoping that they'll do one more of George Kurian's encyclopedias that I requested a while back, the Encyclopedia of Christian Literature, because I have an entry in it, and I thought that by buying these two I might be indicating that there is an interest in such things. Silly me. I doubt anybody else has bought them or ever will. Those prices are truly outrageous. I blame the publisher just as much. The hardcover editions are priced like these Vyrso ones.

Posts 3577
Disciple of Christ (doc) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 14 2017 1:53 AM

Wow...I'd never pay that for a Vyrso resource.

Rosie Perera:

Mattillo:

I certainly hope the Encyclopedia of Christian Education and the Encyclopedia of Christianity in the United States are among those that they are going to do better TOCs for. This is absolutely useless as a TOC for an Encyclopedia. At $350 and $480, respectively, I would expect them to have decent TOCs.

Here, by contrast is the TOC of the ISBE, a Logos edition book which costs a mere $129.99. Now that's what an Encyclopedia TOC should look like.

I get it that Vyrso books are not manually processed. But if that's the case, then these two should not cost so much. This is way more than most Logos edition encyclopedias cost.

I confess that I wouldn't normally pay that much for a single volume digital book no matter how good I thought it might be (these two are $60 and $90 LESS on Kindle, respectively, BTW). But in addition to being a reference book addict, I'm secretly hoping that they'll do one more of George Kurian's encyclopedias that I requested a while back, the Encyclopedia of Christian Literature, because I have an entry in it, and I thought that by buying these two I might be indicating that there is an interest in such things. Silly me. I doubt anybody else has bought them or ever will. Those prices are truly outrageous. I blame the publisher just as much. The hardcover editions are priced like these Vyrso ones.

Posts 4
LogosEmployee
Carla Schermerhorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 15 2017 9:33 AM

Hi Rosie, we are sorry to hear about the issues with these resources and I have sent you an email to discuss this issue.  Have a great day!

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.