Please consider to include at least ONE basic Lexicon in the Bronze Package

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 1186
LimJK | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 21 2017 6:36 AM

Hi Logos,

I purchased a couple of copies of Chinese Bronze as gift for some preachers who have been using some free online resources with strong's tagging and showing partially translated Strong's Lexicon, etc. I was trying to sell the Logos strength and explain some of the limitation of Strong’s Lexicon. 

After installing standalone Chinese Bronze, I then realized that there is NO Chinese Lexicon in the Chinese Bronze package. I would suggest that we should have at least a set of Lexicon, something like Dictionary of Biblical Languages with Semantic Domains (DBL) for Aramaic, Hebrew and Greek would be nice.

I was just wondering how to do very basic word study with the Chinese Bronze without a basic Lexicon.

I like to suggest that you consider to include at least ONE basic Lexicon in the Bronze Package if you are serious in addressing the Chinese Speaking Market.

For Bible Sense Tools (a differentiation for Logos)

• LN was useful, but only available for NT
  • I thought including the Bible Sense Data Set covering OT / NT (even starting with the English copy would be useful to help in disambiguating different sense)

JK

MacBookPro Retina 15" Mid 2014 2.5GHz RAM:16GB SSD:512GB macOS Catalina 10.15.2 | iPhone Xs Max iOS 13.3

Posts 306
LogosEmployee
Philip Peng | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 23 2017 3:17 PM

LimJK:

Hi Logos,

I purchased a couple of copies of Chinese Bronze as gift for some preachers who have been using some free online resources with strong's tagging and showing partially translated Strong's Lexicon, etc. I was trying to sell the Logos strength and explain some of the limitation of Strong’s Lexicon. 

After installing standalone Chinese Bronze, I then realized that there is NO Chinese Lexicon in the Chinese Bronze package. I would suggest that we should have at least a set of Lexicon, something like Dictionary of Biblical Languages with Semantic Domains (DBL) for Aramaic, Hebrew and Greek would be nice.

I was just wondering how to do very basic word study with the Chinese Bronze without a basic Lexicon.

I like to suggest that you consider to include at least ONE basic Lexicon in the Bronze Package if you are serious in addressing the Chinese Speaking Market.

For Bible Sense Tools (a differentiation for Logos)

• LN was useful, but only available for NT
  • I thought including the Bible Sense Data Set covering OT / NT (even starting with the English copy would be useful to help in disambiguating different sense)

Hi, LimJK,

Thank you for your suggestion.  We design the Chinese Bronze BP to be the basic tool for light users.  For people like you who study a lot of original languages, we will have the upcoming Chinese Silver and Gold BPs to help them better study the original lanuages.  We will consider to include the titles you suggested in the Silver or Gold BP.

Best regards,

Philip

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS