To be cancelled: New Cambridge Paragraph Bible w/ Apocrypha, rev. ed.

Page 1 of 2 (38 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 37 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 861
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 23 2017 2:56 PM

We're planning to cancel this Bible in 30 days if it doesn't get enough orders to go into production:

https://www.logos.com/product/24557/the-new-cambridge-paragraph-bible-with-the-apocrypha-rev-ed

Manager, Bible Study Products Department

Posts 201
David J. Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 23 2017 4:38 PM

Although it is the most important book in the English-speaking world’s religious life and culture, the King James Bible (or Authorized Version of 1611) has never been as perfectly represented in print as the translators intended. Standard editions currently give, with little variation, the text as established by the Blayney edition of 1769. This leaves the reader with a seventeenth-century text in mid-eighteenth-century clothes—clothes neither original nor modern.

Edited by David Norton, The New Cambridge Paragraph Bible is an important scholarly edition that presents a revised KJV text based on a thorough evaluation of the textual variants present in current renderings. It includes the extant notes of the 1611 translators. The text itself is presented in paragraph form, with marginal notes, and it adopts modern spelling and punctuation conventions to make it easy to read and use.

Posts 331
Mathew Haferkamp | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 23 2017 7:23 PM

Thanks for letting us know Ben.  But I was just wondering by having this resource on your website does this cost you money to keep it on there?

Just wondering, not complaining

Matt

Posts 1887
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 23 2017 7:58 PM

Folks,

Please order this resource. I've never begged about a resource before, but I am now. :)

Donnie

Posts 3194
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 23 2017 7:59 PM

Mathew Haferkamp:
But I was just wondering by having this resource on your website does this cost you money to keep it on there?

The reason Ben provided in another thread is that these titles aren't "getting enough traction to ever make it into production."

Some of these titles have been listed on the store for years, and still show little interest in all that time. I think it has become an intangible cost, and FL is choosing to focus on resources that the market is much more interested in.

Posts 56
DanC | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 8 2018 7:32 AM

Is this still in production?

Posts 2328
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 8 2018 7:48 AM

I believe so - see this thread.

https://community.logos.com/forums/p/153264/933600.aspx#933600 

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 8 2018 8:59 AM

7.99.  Its still on pre-pub, though with few takers.

Posts 975
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 8 2018 9:12 AM

David J. Wilson:
and it adopts modern spelling and punctuation conventions to make it easy to read and use

Apparently it adopts modern USA spelling and punctuation (according to comments on the order page)  which rather amuses me - and I think that Miles Smith would also see the funny side of that as well. 

Posts 6330
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 8 2018 10:42 AM

Cancel it ASAP, no need to wait 30 days. We have way better translations that have used better manuscripts to worry about adding this to our libraries.

Trust me, not having this will not affect anyone‘s salvation one bit. 👍😁👌 

DAL

Posts 10126
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 8 2018 12:05 PM

I think that a Bible translation, to get past Prepub at $8, would need to claim ‘the version to be used on judgment day’ (for judging the angels, of course).

Posts 2290
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 8 2018 12:09 PM

Sadly, I know people who would probably disagree. Tongue Tied

Anyway, I imagine that cancelling this product might persuade people to place pre orders and CP on other products that therefore get more traction, and make it closer to the production threshold. So there's an implicit cost in keeping oodles and oodles of PP and CP that are actually already dead in the water. I can see how these kind of actions can really be heartbreaking for people who have been looking forward and praying for stuff to make it into production.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 3174
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 8 2018 12:09 PM

DAL:

Cancel it ASAP, no need to wait 30 days. We have way better translations that have used better manuscripts to worry about adding this to our libraries.

DAL

10-4 put it out the door!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 8 2018 1:00 PM

I actually want it.  I want the KJV as readable as possible + in my Logos rig.

So, people, lets get on this Bible + get into production.

Posts 17909
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 8 2018 1:48 PM

scooter:
I actually want it.  I want the KJV as readable as possible + in my Logos rig.

Thankful for Modern English Version (MEV) that is an updated KJV being in my Logos library (dreaming of Reverse Interlinear).

On 23 Feb 2017 => 

Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife):

We're planning to cancel this Bible in 30 days if it doesn't get enough orders to go into production:

https://www.logos.com/product/24557/the-new-cambridge-paragraph-bible-with-the-apocrypha-rev-ed

Thankful for pre-publication remaining available for nearly a year, albeit many more pre-orders are needed to provide resource development incentive.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 8 2018 2:31 PM

+ KS4J:  Thanks for the MEV insight + sample.  I like it; it is very smooth.  I do not own it, but will add to my wish list.

Posts 939
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 8 2018 8:07 PM

Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife):

What happened (or changed) that this offer is not cancelled given the notice last from Ben February that it would be in 30 days?  Looks like it has a long way to go still.

Posts 2394
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 9 2018 4:50 AM

DAL:

DAL

Please define "better manuscripts" - thanks. 

[[If you are referring to V and S have you personally compared them to each other?  Pdf versions are available]]

Posts 56
DanC | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 11 2018 11:53 AM

I would also like to own an electronic copy of this in Logos. I think the footnotes and updates would be interesting.

Posts 66
Debtor Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 10 2018 10:05 PM

Why is it available in Logos 8 packages, but still not released for those who got it in prepub?

Page 1 of 2 (38 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS