Logos March Madness 2017

Page 1 of 6 (119 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 118 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 180
LogosEmployee
Kaleb Cuevas | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Mar 1 2017 4:31 PM

We are excited to announce that Logos March Madness 2017 is here! From March 1–April 14, 64 authors will compete for your votes. Winning authors advance to the next round; the more rounds they win, the deeper the discounts on a selection of their works! Pick your favorites, cast your vote, and save on theological all-stars.

Round voting will be as follows: (Please note that voting for each round ends at 3:00 p.m. (PT) and there will be a delay before the next round begins.)

Rounds
Round 1: 3/1–3/8
Round 2: 3/8–3/13
Round 3: 3/13–3/16
Round 4: 3/16–3/21
Round 5: 3/21–3/24
Championship: 3/24–3/31

Each author’s discounted titles will not be revealed until the author is eliminated.

At the end of each round, you can get a discount on a selection of works by the eliminated authors. Discounts start at 30% and progress to 35%, 40%, 45%, 50%, and 60% at the end of each round. Works by the champion will be 70% off!

Discounts will be added within 24 hours of the end of the round and will remain in effect until 11:59 p.m. (PT) on April 14.

New changes this year:

Everybody with a Faithlife account will get one vote for each matchup in each round. (And if you don’t have one, no worries: just create an account right from the LMM website, then go back and vote.) You’ll only have to log in once unless you manually log out of your account.

Can’t find your favorite author in this year’s matchups? They may be featured in one of our new 24-Hour Face-Offs. Throughout Logos March Madness, we’re featuring select authors not included in the main competition in one-on-one, 24-hour knock-down, drag-outs.At the end of each matchup, the winner’s works will go on sale for the discount associated with the current round.

For an optimal playing experience, you should use Chrome, Firefox, or Safari browsers. The game is not optimized for Microsoft Internet Explorer or Edge.

So get started: Round 1 voting is live now!

Posts 259
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 1 2017 4:47 PM

Kaleb Cuevas:
For an optimal playing experience, you should use Chrome, Firefox, or Safari browsers. The game is not optimized for Microsoft Internet Explorer or Edge.

Sends me to a ''can't find'' page as I have MS Internet Explorer.

Please reconsider your ''not optimized'' procedure.  I have played for years on my current computer + I would like FL to fix the game so I can play this year.

Thank you.

Posts 7752
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 1 2017 5:17 PM

scooter:

Kaleb Cuevas:

Sends me to a ''can't find'' page as I have MS Internet Explorer.

Please reconsider your ''not optimized'' procedure.  I have played for years on my current computer + I would like FL to fix the game so I can play this year.

Thank you.

It sends me to the 2016 MM

I wish Logos wouldn't rush into releasing half-finished stuff.  They are already slow as it is, so might as well take a little more extra time and get things done right the first time. I'm not upset, by the way, but you would think they would have learned by now.

DAL

Posts 3992
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 1 2017 5:31 PM

It sends me to the site, which apparently is temporarily unavailable.

I am looking forward to this, as it will be the first time taking part in the voting. I wonder who the authors will be!

Thanks to FL for including Carta and a Hebrew audio bible in Logos 9!

Posts 278
LogosEmployee
Glenn Airoldi (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 1 2017 5:33 PM

If you're still seeing 2016 content in you browser, it's very likely that you just seeing cached content.  You can try clearing your browser's cache and refreshing the page and see if this resolves the issue.

In Chrome

In Firefox

In Safari

In Edge

Posts 3992
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 1 2017 5:34 PM

Kaleb Cuevas:
Can’t find your favorite author in this year’s matchups? They may be featured in one of our new 24-Hour Face-Offs. Throughout Logos March Madness, we’re featuring select authors not included in the main competition in one-on-one, 24-hour knock-down, drag-outs.At the end of each matchup, the winner’s works will go on sale for the discount associated with the current round.

Interesting! Thanks for adding these additional opportunities!

Will those 24-hour winners only be on sale for 24 hours, or will their sales continue to be available through April 14th?

Glenn Airoldi:
If you're still seeing 2016 content in you browser, it's very likely that you just seeing cached content.  You can try clearing your browser's cache and refreshing the page and see if this resolves the issue.

Reloading the page doesn't resolve the "temporarily unavailable" message.

Posts 278
LogosEmployee
Glenn Airoldi (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 1 2017 5:44 PM

Hi PetahChristian,

We cannot recreate the screenshot you're sharing.  What OS and Browser version are you running?

Posts 259
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 1 2017 5:49 PM

Glenn Airoldi:

Hi PetahChristian,

We cannot recreate the screenshot you're sharing.  What OS and Browser version are you running?

Thanks, Glenn, for asking.  Problem fixed: link takes me to 2017  MM.  I'm off to vote!!

Posts 3992
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 1 2017 5:50 PM
macOS 10.12.3 (16D32), Safari 10.0.3 (12602.4.8)

Posts 1578
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 1 2017 5:52 PM

I had no trouble voting. The browser that I am using is Google Chrome.

Posts 666
Ted Weis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 1 2017 6:17 PM

I cleared my Crhome cache (for all time) and still get 2016.

Posts 2137
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 1 2017 6:32 PM

I tried multiple times in Chrome, IE, and Firefox, and all times but once I saw the following:

The one time I did get in, every time I tried to vote it said that I already voted.  This has been fun.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 10805
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 1 2017 6:37 PM

Joseph Turner:

I tried multiple times in Chrome, IE, and Firefox, and all times but once I saw the following:

The one time I did get in, every time I tried to vote it said that I already voted.  This has been fun.

Same thing happened to me.

Posts 4122
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 1 2017 6:45 PM

Jack Caviness:

Joseph Turner:

Same thing happened to me.

I got the same screen. Walked away, got a glass of water, and when I returned it had loaded.

However voting was EXTREMELY SLOW. I didn't make it through all of the competitions before giving up.

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 3992
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 1 2017 6:45 PM

Still broken for me. This is what "Show Page Source" reveals. Does that numeric code in the comment help identify the problem?

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN"

"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
<html>

This website is temporarily unavailable, please try again later.

<!-- pageok -->
<!-- 09 -->
<!-- -->
</html>

Posts 278
LogosEmployee
Glenn Airoldi (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 1 2017 6:57 PM

It looks like we're running into capacity issues with this site right now.  We're working to resolve it.  Appreciate everyone patience, and your eagerness to cast those votes!

Posts 602
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 1 2017 6:58 PM

I am having trouble having it accept my vote. I vote for an author and sometimes it goes through and confirms the vote but other times the vote buttons appear again.

Posts 2137
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 1 2017 7:20 PM

Mine just worked all the way through voting, so just try later if it doesn't work.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 9406
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 1 2017 8:07 PM

When I try to sign on with my Logos ID I get "Internal Server Error".

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 278
LogosEmployee
Glenn Airoldi (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 1 2017 8:20 PM

Mark, thanks for reporting this.

Page 1 of 6 (119 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS