Logos 7 on Mac stuck on loading library

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
This post has 18 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 7
Thomas Elliott | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 2 2017 4:33 PM

I am currently running Logos Bible Software 7.4 SR-1, but I am running into the same issue. I have shut down and restarted Logos, I have uninstalled and re-installed the Logos software.I have left Logos running over night (greater than 12 hours), but still run into the same issue. I get message indicating "Updating library catalogs. List may be incomplete." What can I do?

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 2 2017 5:24 PM

Humanly would like to look at diagnostic log files; support has => Report a Problem that includes Logos Logging Utility for enabling diagnostic logging.

FYI: personally have Library message when my collection cache is being refreshed (so tend to use Console to view Logos.log file for collection cache refresh progress).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 7
Thomas Elliott | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 3 2017 4:01 PM

8551.LogosLogs.thomaselliott.20170303-185047.zip

3817.LogosLogs.thomaselliott.20170303-185110.zip

The first log file is a sample, the second is archive file.

As indicated in the previous post, I get the blue dot indicating Logos is loading the library.

Posts 2641
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 8 2017 4:59 PM

Thomas Elliott:

8551.LogosLogs.thomaselliott.20170303-185047.zip

3817.LogosLogs.thomaselliott.20170303-185110.zip

The first log file is a sample, the second is archive file.

As indicated in the previous post, I get the blue dot indicating Logos is loading the library.

I'll ask the team to take a look.

Posts 2641
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 9 2017 3:44 PM

Thomas, just to clarify is the message "Preparing library" or are you getting some other message? How long do you wait before restarting? This will help us track this issue down.

Posts 7
Thomas Elliott | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 9 2017 4:08 PM

The is the message that remains no matter what I seem to do. I quit Logos and shut the machine down every day, but when I restart Logos the next day, no matter how long I leave it run, it remains "preparing the library" 

I thought it may have something to do with indexing, so reindexed and let indexing complete, but still run into the same issue. 

Posts 7
Thomas Elliott | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 9 2017 7:32 PM

Thank you very much for your help. I appreciate all the time you spent with me working this issue. What you did solved the problem. Thanks again.

Posts 3

Hi Thomas i have exactly the same problem with 7.4 how did it get fixed?

Posts 3154
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 17 2017 11:30 AM

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting. I'm looking into this for you. 

Posts 7
Thomas Elliott | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 17 2017 5:19 PM

Logos Technical Support called me and they took care of it. Great service because I am not sure I could have figured it out. 

Posts 744
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 20 2017 6:26 PM

Thomas Elliott:

Logos Technical Support called me and they took care of it. Great service because I am not sure I could have figured it out. 

I also started today with the same problem with Logos 7.5. Can you describe how tech support fixed it?

Posts 3
Robert Mahoney | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 21 2017 4:44 AM

They sent me an email with instructions which i followed and it fixed it. Not sure i can post the email here send me an email address and ill forward it to you if they have not already contacted you.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 21 2017 7:32 AM

Armin:
I also started today with the same problem with Logos 7.5. Can you describe how tech support fixed it?

Recommend contacting Faithlife Support => https://www.logos.com/contact

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 744
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 21 2017 10:43 AM

Robert Mahoney:

They sent me an email with instructions which i followed and it fixed it. Not sure i can post the email here send me an email address and ill forward it to you if they have not already contacted you.

I'm reluctant to post my e-mail here in public as I don't want to increase the number of spam e-mails that I get.

Is there any thing confidential in the e-mail? If this is not the case, I don't see an issue with posting it here.

Posts 744
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 21 2017 10:46 AM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

I live at the other end of the world so calling is always a challenge. At least in the past, contacting Support by e-mail did not result in a response.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 21 2017 10:52 AM

Armin:

I live at the other end of the world so calling is always a challenge. At least in the past, contacting Support by e-mail did not result in a response.

One option is posting your diagnostic log files => Report a Problem using Logos Logging Utility, which allows human review (and verification that problem issue should be solved with similar steps). Also can email Support with reference link to forum logs (or attach to email).

Thankful for several Faithlife employees that are active in discussing issues.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 2641
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 21 2017 11:01 AM

Armin:

Armin,

I've asked CS to have someone reach out to you. 

Posts 301
LogosEmployee
Brandyn Whittington | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 21 2017 3:40 PM

Hey Armin! One of our staff has sent you an email with instructions on resolving your issue! It was sent around 11:00 AM Pacific Standard Time and should be waiting for you in your inbox. If the solution there doesn't work, please reply to the individual and they can assist you further! Thanks again for bring this to our attention.

Posts 744
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 21 2017 9:23 PM

Hi Philana and Brandyn, Many thanks. Yes, the e-mail arrived. The instructions were easy to follow. I hope they resolve my intermittent  issues.

Page 1 of 1 (19 items) | RSS