"Linking" Highlighted Text

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2
Andrew Livengood | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Mar 11 2017 11:33 AM

Grace and peace, all:

Is there a way to connect two highlighted words/phrases/etc. with a line? Is there an option or a drawing tool of sorts that can accomplish this?

Say, for example, I wanted to show cause/effect in the text (as opposed to making notes). I have two custom highlighters set up with capsules showing cause and effect. I highlight the "cause" section and the "effect" section within the text. What I would like to have at this point is a way to show which cause goes with which effect (it can get busy). I.e., visually connect them.

Is such a thing possible?

Abundant blessings!

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 11 2017 12:22 PM

Welcome Big Smile

Sentence Diagram allows text to be highlighted along with connecting lines plus annotation.

Faithlife Group "Logos Sentence Diagrams" => https://faithlife.com/logos-sentence-diagrams/activity has many shared documents, which includes Redd Kellog (RK) diagrams by Terry Cook

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 25663
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 11 2017 12:26 PM

Andrew Livengood:
Is there a way to connect two highlighted words/phrases/etc. with a line

Visually you could create an underline highlight with an arrow pointing from "cause" to "effect", or you could edit the "cause" highlight in the Note file and use Attachment points (one or more).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 11 2017 3:04 PM

Propositional Outline includes Cause (with phrase indentation):

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 2
Andrew Livengood | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 13 2017 12:39 PM

Thank you for the replies and alternative suggestions. I was really just looking for a way to draw a connecting line between two points within the text window. It appears to not be part of the program (yet). Smile

God's blessings in abundance to all!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS