4.0b Keyboard shortcut bug?

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Posts 84
Nigel Cunningham | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 18 2010 7:39 PM

Hi all.

In the help in 4.0b, it says you can switch the next or previous 'equivalent resource' by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Left/Right. When I try this while having the focus on a commentary window, nothing happens. If, however, I press Ctrl+Left/Right, I switch to the next/previous parallel resource, which is what I wanted to do.

Two questions then:

1) Does 'equivalent resource' mean 'parallel resource' or something else that hasn't occurred to me. (Perhaps the help needs changing?)

2) Is Ctrl+Shift+Left/Right broken, or a typo that should be Ctrl+Left/Right (or the keyboard handler needs changing to Ctl+Shift)?

Regards,

Nigel

Posts 18917
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 18 2010 11:16 PM

There is a difference between "equivalent resource" and "parallel resource". An "equivalent resource" is one that shares the same text but have slightly different features. For example: KJV and The Complete Word Study Bible: King James Version are equivalent resources. Not all resources have equivalent resources, whereas any scripture-indexed or headword-indexed resource can be in a parallel resource set. There is an icon that shows up on the locator bar when there are equivalent resources:

If you click on this icon, a pane opens up with a list of all the equivalent resources and you can click directly on one of them to go to it, or you can navigate through them  using Ctrl+Shift+Left/Right.

Needless to say, Ctrl+Shift+Left/Right will do nothing when there are no equivalent resources.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS