Berkhof Collection ... resources not downloaded

Page 2 of 6 (115 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 114 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 463
George Allakhverdyan | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 4:14 PM

Hi everyone, I have reported this to development - I am unsure of what is going on here but will keep you posted.

Posts 39
Douglas McMasters | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 4:28 PM

On my old laptop, which has L3 and L4, I was able to bring in Berkhof in via L3 and then into L4 on that computer.  But on the main laptop, a new one running windows 7 and upon which I am the only user, my L4 won't pick up Berkhof at all apart from the one volume.

Posts 28
Keith Milner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 4:36 PM

I tried this but L4 doesn't recognise the L3 resources.

Posts 28
Keith Milner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 4:37 PM

I tried copying the L3 resources but L4 doesn't recognise them.

Posts 1202
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 4:39 PM

I'm stuck in perpetual attempts to download the 18M/index/restart/detect/download/etc.  I took just see that one resource.

I understand the frustration voiced earlier about these recent problems with resources/availability and the tendency to hit them right before/in a weekend.

Posts 13348
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 4:43 PM

KeithMilner:

I tried copying the L3 resources but L4 doesn't recognise them.

You need to issue a scan path\to\logos3\resources command, then restart L4.

Posts 1202
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 4:55 PM

Many thanks to Rosie and Mark; following their directions I've now got all the resources showing in L4. 

but, L4 did try to download the 18M resources again.  Now it's decided to reindex instead.  Hopefully it settles down, or I'll have to take away it's Internet access.

Posts 1202
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 5:53 PM

Well, it looks like I may be prepping my lesson old-school with L3 & paper books this weekend...L4 became unstable after forcing the Berkhof books in.  I'll attach some logs for those who may be interested/in hopes Logos developers are still working on this problem.

I may try forcing a reindex in hopes that stabilizes things...but these constant attempts to download will probably goof that up.  My computer just attempted a 6MB download...wonder what that was.

argh. Sad

38562.Logos4.log

4130.Logos4Crash.txt

3250.Logos4Indexer.log

Posts 249
DHG | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 6:00 PM

I'm experiencing the same problems described above...frustrating. So, I manually downloaded the files, scanned the folder, and now have all 15 resources. As you might expect, 14 of them are lbxlls files and only The History of Christian Doctrines is logos4. Ran "update now" and then "update resources"; no updates, no indexing, nothing.

Ideas?

Posts 702
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 6:05 PM

Same issues here -- I was excited to see the email from Logos saying the resources were now available.  Now, it won't download and is constantly re-indexing.  I wish these weren't released on a Friday afternoon, because it may be Monday before we see a fix.

Posts 249
DHG | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 6:05 PM

...and the resources are readable, but apparently cannot be searched.

Posts 26292
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 6:07 PM

DHG:
but apparently cannot be searched

Has the indexing for the new resources completed?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 249
DHG | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 6:11 PM

I don't think it actually indexed...it started, calculating time, etc then the icon disappeared as if it was done.  Apparently not.

Posts 18651
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 6:21 PM

DHG:

...and the resources are readable, but apparently cannot be searched.

I was able to get the resources to download (see my procedure described on this other thread), but it did download them a second time. And if I type "update now" it thinks they are still needing to be downloaded and does it again (18.3 MB).

It didn't appear to do any indexing after I downloaded the files even the first time, but they are apparently still searchable. I selected a random but sure-to-be unique phrase from one of the Berkhof books and did a Basic Search through my whole library for it, and that book was found. Interestingly and oddly, it was found both in "New Resources" (the new part of the index that needs to be merged in) and in "Library Results":

That is bizarre.

Posts 13348
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 6:25 PM

This may mean they really did download twice. They only show up under "New resources" for me.

Posts 249
DHG | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 6:28 PM

Mine don't show up. I'm hesitant to waste my time re-indexing because these are not the correct files..

Posts 13348
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 6:32 PM

Martin Folley:

I restarted Logos, it download new resources, but my library is only showing 'The History of Christian Doctrines'.

If it's any consolation, all 15 resource are available on the iPhone and on library.logos.com!

Posts 406
Fred Greco | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 6:56 PM

Mark Barnes:

Martin Folley:

I restarted Logos, it download new resources, but my library is only showing 'The History of Christian Doctrines'.

If it's any consolation, all 15 resource are available on the iPhone and on library.logos.com!

Sorry, Mark, no consolation for me.  Now my PC is unusable since the CPU is pegged indexing.  I'm going to guess that it still won't work when they are done.

If there is not a swift answer on Monday morning, I'm going to demand my money back on principle.  This kind of horrible business practice (promise, under-deliver or fail to deliver, then be closed for a couple of days) is ridiculous.  Until this practice with new books gets fixed, I will refuse to recommend Logos 4 to anyone.

Fred Greco
Senior Pastor, Christ Church PCA, Katy, TX
Windows 10 64-bit; Logos 7.1 SR-2 (Reformed Platinum)

Posts 514
Bobby Terhune | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 7:08 PM

Fred,

Hang in there, when the indexing is finished you will be able to use your resources, Berkhof is definitely worth a little grief. but I too am not happy with all the recent releases that have problems, especially with metadata. I hope Logos is able to get this stuff solved sooner rather than later.

I had a major index to install 4.0cB1 and after downloading Berkhof into L3 and scaned into L4, I have been thrown into another major indexingSad

Posts 249
DHG | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 7:14 PM

If we're getting a mix of L3 files (14) and L4 files (1), it seems like a waste of time to index. When they get the problem fixed, we'll have to do it again, right?

Page 2 of 6 (115 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS