Saved layout does not recall selected commentary or resource settings

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 22
Alan Cleveland | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 16 2017 9:13 AM

When I save a passage guide or a sermon guide as a layout, how do I keep my selected resources or commentaries?  Right now when I save and then close the layout and re-open it, the Collections and Commentaries sections of the guide defaults "All Commentaries" or "All Collections."

Here is an example: I do a study in Hosea and create a passage guide for Hosea 1.  Under the Commentary, I choose a collection of commentaries I have named "Hosea."  I save the layout and close it.

I reopen the saved layout and it defaults back to "All Commentaries."

Did I not do something?  Everything else in the layout appears to open as I had saved it.

I am running Logos 7.4 SR-1 on a Mid 2012 MacBook Pro (macOS Sierra Version 10.12.3).

Posts 98
Dan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 16 2017 11:55 AM

To add to this, Passage Guide does not remember my starred commentaries. Perhaps this is related.

Posts 301
LogosEmployee
Brandyn Whittington | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 16 2017 12:08 PM

Hey Alan! Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we're able see the same behavior on our end. We'll get a case written up.

Posts 22
Alan Cleveland | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 16 2017 12:15 PM

Thank you Brandyn!  

Did you see Brandyn's note above?  I have noticed that also and perhaps the behaviors (i.e., not remembering the user's choice but going back to a default) are related.

Posts 22
Alan Cleveland | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 21 2017 9:25 AM

Thank you Brandyn!  It looks like the situations that both Dan and I raised were fixed in the latest update!  I appreciate the Logos staff -- y'all are great!

Posts 24952
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 21 2017 4:50 PM

Alan Cleveland:
Thank you Brandyn!  It looks like the situations that both Dan and I raised were fixed in the latest update!

I doubt that there was a fix**. The standard Passage Guide you were using will default to All Commentaries and you have to customise it to (regularly) use another collection. I see you have a customised guide, MPG (My Passage Guide), where the setting is retained by the layout, but it will revert to your Template setting if you "Delete this guide" from the panel menu, or use another passage.

**  I just replicated your original behaviour in v7.5 with a Standard PG!

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 22
Alan Cleveland | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 21 2017 5:57 PM

Huh, you are correct, Dave.  I look forward to the day that when if I save a layout, the settings that I specify are saved as I select.

Posts 24952
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 21 2017 6:49 PM

It may still happen if Brandyn Whittington wrote a case for standard guides. Meanwhile, use customised guides as you can have multiple Passage, or other, guides for different uses, and customised guides are more efficient without the all the sections in a standard guide.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS